Up to this date, every samsung Galaxy phone includes a “secret” hard reset Samsung mechanism inside them. This Samsung Hard Reset method includes the need for the user to input a secret code in the Android dial pad, as if it were a phone number to be dialed.
Actually this is a rather common way to introduce “secret” commands into your phone. In fact, Samsung has routinely implemented a plethora of “hidden” codes to perform different -rather technical- tasks, not only on their Galaxy line of phones, but on all of their phones.
Anyway, the specific code that performs a Samsung Hard Reset is *2767*3855#
The *2767*3855# code will Hard Reset your Samsung phone by performing the following internal steps: First it will reformat your firmware and then it will delete all your personal information and settings from it’s internal memory.
There is a second “secret code” which is a bit less drastic -but rather definite nonetheless- which is *#*#7780#*#*
This second code will limit the extent of the Hard Reset Samsung routine up to the deletion of all your data and apps only, efectively performing a Factory Default wipe out. As we understand it, this hard reset Samsung routine won’t fiddle with your phone’s firmware.
Hard Reset Samsung and other secret codes
- *2767*3855# – Hard Reset
- *#*#7780#*#* – Factory Reset
- *#*#4636#*#* – Phone Information
- *#*#7594#*#* – Change End Call/Power Option
- *#*#197328640#*#* – Service Mode
- *#*#0842#*#* – Device test (Vibration test and BackLight test)
- *#*#2663#*#* – Touch screen version
- *#*#0588#*#* – Proximity sensor test
- *#*#3264#*#* – RAM version
- *#*#232338#*#* – Shows WiFi MAC address
- *#*#232337#*# – Shows Bluetooth device address
- *#*#8255#*#* – GTalk Service Monitor
Your Samsung Galaxy S3 may be quite powerful, but after some months of use and abuse -we know, you’ve been installing tons of apps and games- it may turn a bit unresponsive, or even start to freeze and / or give some errors on you. Maybe you are not having any trouble with it, but after some months of use, you may want to sell your Samsung Galaxy S3.
Actually it doesn’t matter why, but truth is that at some point of your Samsung Galaxy S3 life you will need to hard reset it turning into a factory default state. This means that it will be completely cleaned from your stuff: all your messages, contacts, installed games and apps … everything will be wiped out. Your phone will return into a “just bought” state.
Hard reset instrucctions for your Samsung Galaxy S3
You can invoke the hard reset routine in your Samsung Galaxy S3 from inside Android OS itself:
- From your home screen, select your Settings menu
- From your Settings Menu select BACKUP AND RESET
- Select Factory Data Reset and confirm the process.
If your Android OS is unresponsive, don’t panic! You can start the hard reset process on your Samsung Galaxy S3 by pressing a combination of keys upon power up:
- Turn off your Samsung phone.
- Press and Hold your Volume UP, Power and Home buttons
- When the phone logo appears, release the buttons.
- Select Wipe Data / Factory Reset from the menu that will appear (you can navigate it with Volume UP / Volume Down buttons and select with Power button)
- Confirm your Factory Reset procedure
By any of both methods you will end up with your Samsung Galaxy S3 completely clean and devoid of any data you may have stored before on it.
You may need to perform a hard reset into factory defaults on your Samsung Galaxy Note. Maybe you are selling it, or even it may happen that your Samsung galaxy Note is behaving erratically. Both situations may be fixed by performing a reset into factory defaults. This operation will leave your Samsung Galaxy Note just as when you took it out of the box for the first time. All your personal data including contacts, messages, installed apps and games
Hard reset your Samsung Galaxy Note
An easy way to reset your Samsung Galaxy Note is by using the incuded option inside your Android operative system. You meed to use the settings menu, from your home screen. Inside Settings menu you need to scroll down into PRIVACY option and click it. Inside PRIVACY option you will find the “FACTORY DATA RESET” button.
A sure way for resetting your Samsung Galaxy Note
This second method involves the following steps:
- Turn off your phone
- Press and hold the Power, Lock and Reset buttons for about 15 seconds
- A menu will appear listing your booting options
- Scroll down and up by using the Volume Down and Up buttons.
- Select the Recovery option
- Your Samsung Galaxy Note will reboot into the Android logo with an exclamation mark.
- At this time, press toghether the Volume Up and Down buttons.
- Your Samsung Galaxy Note will change into a black background with some blue text
- You can Scroll down with the volume down button and choose with the Power button to select.
- Scroll into the Wipe Data & Factory Reset option and confirm it by pressing the Power button.
- Confirm again the procedure by choosing YES – Delete all user data. This time you confirm by pressing again the Volume Down button.
It will take a bit of time for your Samsung Galaxy Note to perform the hard reset and reboot.
You may find your MW0821 tablet in need of a hard reset. This will revert the AOC Breeze MW0821 into factory default mode and thus you will loose any data, apps, games or configuration you may have stored inside it. This might prove useful if you want to sell your AOC tablet, or even get it back into functioning state if your MW0821 is working too slow or erratic to be useful, maybe because one or more apps you previously installed left it unstable.
The easy way to hard reset Android on your Aoc Breeze MW0821 is by using the provided mechanism inside Android itself in order to revert it into a factory default state. You can search for the “Clear al settings” or “Factory default reset” options starting from your MW0821 home screen, invoking the SETTINGS menu, and choosing the PRIVACY submenu.
Hardware Hard reset Android on AOC Breeze MW0821
If you do not have access to your MW0821 operative system, don’t worry: You can invoke the hard reset routine by following the following steps on your Tablet.
- Start with your Aoc Breeze MW0821 turned off.
- Plug your AC adapter to the wall and into your tablet
- When the battery charge begins, you need to press “M”, then “Home” and then “Back”
- This will make your Aoc Breeze MW0821 to boot into recovery mode and perform a hard reset.
- Wait some seconds until it finally shuts down by itself and resume battery charge procedure.
- You may turn on your AOC Breeze MW0821 and you will find it as if just taken out of the box.
The Pivos XIOS DS is a nice small Android -and Linux– media box with plenty of power, I/O connectors and possibilities.
The Pivos XIOS DS allows you to run a specially tailored version of LINUX bundled with the acclaimed XBMC Media Player (As this Linux version is specifically tuned for running XBMC only, it boots ultra fast into XBMC interface)
The XIOS DS also can also be flashed into Android Gingerbread (2.3.x) and even Android ICS (4.x) operative systems, allowing you to run Google Play Store. In the latter, you can also install XBMC as an Android apk.
Actually, the guys at XBMC.org selected the PIVOS XIOS DS as the development testbed for their Android version of XBMC, so it is the recommended hardware platform for it in this early alpha and beta stage.
If you don’t have this interesting media play box, you can grab your Pivos XIOS DS from amazon.com.
Hard reset on your Pivos XIOS DS media Play
If you are running Android on your Pivos XIOS DS then you can always use the RESET TO FACTORY DEFAULTS option in the SETTINGS / PRIVACY Menu. But if you want to completely reset your media play box for sure, then you will need to use the following instructions:
- Download a suitable firmware from PIVOS Website
- Copy the “.img” file with the firmware into a pendrive
- Turn off your Pivos XIOS DS unit and plug the pendrive into one of its USB ports
- Locate in the bottom of your Pivos XIOS DS the UPGRADE hidden button and depress it with a paperclip or similar (you will feel at the bottom of it, a button doing the “click”).
- While pressing the UPGRADE button, power on your Pivos XIOS DS and wait until a green screen with the Android Robot on it’s side and the UPGRADE TEXT appears.
- Depress the upgrade button and wait a couple of minutes for the upgrade (and hard reset) routine to finish
You will be able not only to hard reset your Pivos XIOS DS but also to upgrade eventually your firmware into the latest version by following these instructions!