Maybe you want to sell or give away your LG Optimus 2x but you don’t want all your personal data, installed apps and games, contacts, etc. to go with it. Or maybe your phone is acting too sluggish or -worse yet- it has just freezed on you and you want to factory reset it to get a fresh restart. Whatever are your needs, you may hard reset Android in your LG Optimus 2X and get it back to it’s factory default state.
You can perform a hard reset right from inside Android OS. This approach can be seen as an easy -hassle free- way of doing it, with the only caveat that you need access to the phone’s settings menu, which means your LG Optimus 2X needs to be in working condition:
- From your Home screen, tap the “MENU” button
- Select “SETTINGS”
- Select “PRIVACY” from the settings menu
- Select “RESET PHONE” from the Privacy screen that appears.
- If required, enter your password as confirmation
This easy menu driven way of hard resetting your LG Optimus 2X may not work if your phone is acting erratically, slugish or is even in a freezed state. If such is the case, you may try the following method:
Hard Reset your LG Optimus 2X the bulletproof way
- Start with your LG Optimus 2X Powered off. If it is powered on but in freezed or too slugish condition to perform a correct power off, then pull out its battery, wait a couple of seconds and reinsert it.
- Hold the “HOME” and “VOLUME DOWN” buttons pressed at the same time
- Press and hold the “POWER” button until your phone starts up
- Follow the on-screen instructions to do a hard reset on your LG Optimus 2X
Time has come to hard reset your LG Optimus 3D phone. Maybe you are selling it, or just giving away. It may even got stuck or freezed. Whatever reason you got to perform a hard reset, we present you with two ways of doing it:
Reset LG Optimus 3D From Android
This may be seen as the easy, convenient way: The only eventual caveat is that you need to have your Android OS up and running on your Optimus 3D , as the procedure involves using certain options inside the settings menu:
- From your home screen, press the menu icon (on the bottom, the icon most to the left).
- Tap on Settings
- Search and Tap on Privacy, inside the Settings Menu
- Tap on Reset Phone
- Confirm the Hard reset Process
The no so easy way of hard reset Android on LG Optimus 3D
This alternative method is more forceful and may be the only method available if your LG Optimus 3D is in frozen state:
- Power your phone off (if it is Frozen, just pull of the battery, wait some seconds and reinsert it)
- Hold the HOME and Volume Down buttons.
- Press and hold the power button until the device turns on
- An on-screen menu will appear: Follow the instructions in there to reset your LG Optimus 3D
Please remember that a Hard Reset will erase everything inside your phone including your personal data, messages, contacts, installed apps, games, etc. Your LG Optimus 3D will revert to factory default state after performing any of these hard reset procedures.