This tutorial will describe different ways to hard reset Android on your Samsung Galaxy S2. Why would you like to reset Android on your phone ? As an example, you may want to sell it, or even give it away, but you don’t want your data to be in there. It may also happen that you just installed too much applications -or even the wrong ones, as it may also be the case- and your Samsung Galaxy S2 is unresponsive, acting up.
In any case, you may want first to backup everything inside your Samsung Galaxy S2 -provided that the phone’s health is up to it-. Once your data is secure somewhere else, you may proceed to hard reset Android and bring your Samsung Galaxy s2 back into factory default mode.
How to reset Android on Samsung Galaxy S2
This is the best way to reset Android on your Samsung Galaxy S2:
- Turn OFF your Samsung galaxy S2 phone (if the phone is unresponsive, please take out the battery, wait a couple of seconds and reinsert it).
- Press the Volume Down Button, and keep it pressed
- While keeping pressed the Volume Down Button, press and release the power button.
- Wait some seconds while the phone comes back to life, and from the hidden menu that will appear, select the “Clear Storage” option by using the Volume Down Button.
- Press and release the Power Button to execute the “Clear Storage” option.
- Your Samsung Galaxy S2 will ask your confirmation for the hard reset procedure: You confim it by pressing the Volume Up Button.
Voilá … your Samsung Galaxy S2 will be hard reset, cleaning up all your data. If by any chance, following these instructions is not possible, or the results are not OK, then we present you with an alternative procedure to hard reset your Samsung Galaxy S2:
Alternative procedure to hard reset your Samsung Galaxy S2
- Turn the power off (or take out your phone’s battery, wait a couple of seconds and reinsert it).
- Press the Volume Up, Home and Power Buttons simultaneously
- Wait until a Samsung Logo appears and release the Power Button.
- A “Boot Menu” will appear: Use the Volume Up / Down Buttons to highlight your choice and then press the Home Button to select it, performing a hard reset on your Samsung Galaxy S2 phone.
Reset Android Searches
- how to reset galaxy s2
- how to reset samsung galaxy s2
- reset galaxy s2
- reset samsung galaxy s2
- soft reset samsung galaxy s2
- how to reset a galaxy s2
- samsung galaxy s2 soft reset
- samsung galaxy s2 reset
- hard reset samsung galaxy s2
- galaxy s2 reset
Time will come when may need to hard reset Android on your phone or tablet to factory settings. Performing a hard reset will erase all user data from the device, reverting it to a default status, just as when it came out of the factory. Why would you want to hard reset Android ? Maybe you plan to sell or give away your Android device.
Perhaps your phone or tablet is behaving erratically and you just considered to hard reset Android to efectively eliminate any mis-configuration and software incompatibilities by wiping it completely clean. Whatever reason you may have, you can hard reset Android right from it’s settings menu.
Reset Android Searches
- reset button on the inside of the android tablet
In order to reset Android, you may need to perform a Soft reset: It is the same as -and may be accomplished by- removing the battery, waiting for some seconds and then placing back the battery on your Android phone.
This would effectively perform a soft reset Android while usually retaining all contacts, configuration and information previously saved in the phone.
A soft reset might prove useful if your Android phone has just freezed on you or perhaps it is behaving lagged, erraticaly or plainly weird.
Under any circumstance where a normal power off / power on recycle is impossible, you may try a Soft Reset to forcefully power your Android device down. After some seconds you may restore the battery on your phone and try to turn it on again in order to confirm that your problem has been corrected.
Soft reset Android Tablets
If you need to do a soft reset on your Android tablet, and it has no user replaceable battery, then you may search for your tablet brand / model on this website in order to get the soft reset Android procedure for your device.
Some Tablets got a small hole in the back, usually labeled “Reset”, where you can poke a pen tip or thin wire and momentaneously press a reset button. Other Android tablets need their power on/off button to be depressed for several seconds in order to invoke a soft reset Android mechanism.
Hard reset Android
A Hard reset Android is a way more serious procedure -like in “wipe all your data” serious- efectively leaving you with a “brand new like” factory restored Android device.
Everything will be wiped out, including your settings, alll of your personal data, software installations, customizations, etc. Your Android device will be ready for a fresh start. For a practical example, you may want or need to get your android device into factory default state, erasing all your personal data from it because you are selling, donating or giving your Android Phone or Tablet as a gift.
You will accomplish it through a hard reset android procedure.
Such hard reset procedure may be performed through a series of options inside Android operative system itself, which we will explain in our next post, or by some other means, usually pressing and holding for several seconds a pen tip inside the eventual “Reset Hole” or pressing a secuence of buttons on your Android device, invoking a “hidden” (factory mode) menu which includes the “reset android to defaults” option.
Reset Android Searches
- reset android
- android soft reset
- soft reset android tablet
- andoid sift reset
- soft reset on tablet phone
- soft reset in android
- soft reset android phone 4 2
- soft reset andriod
- soft android reset
- make hard reset android