Your Samsung Galaxy S3 may be quite powerful, but after some months of use and abuse -we know, you’ve been installing tons of apps and games- it may turn a bit unresponsive, or even start to freeze and / or give some errors on you. Maybe you are not having any trouble with it, but after some months of use, you may want to sell your Samsung Galaxy S3.
Actually it doesn’t matter why, but truth is that at some point of your Samsung Galaxy S3 life you will need to hard reset it turning into a factory default state. This means that it will be completely cleaned from your stuff: all your messages, contacts, installed games and apps … everything will be wiped out. Your phone will return into a “just bought” state.
Hard reset instrucctions for your Samsung Galaxy S3
You can invoke the hard reset routine in your Samsung Galaxy S3 from inside Android OS itself:
- From your home screen, select your Settings menu
- From your Settings Menu select BACKUP AND RESET
- Select Factory Data Reset and confirm the process.
If your Android OS is unresponsive, don’t panic! You can start the hard reset process on your Samsung Galaxy S3 by pressing a combination of keys upon power up:
- Turn off your Samsung phone.
- Press and Hold your Volume UP, Power and Home buttons
- When the phone logo appears, release the buttons.
- Select Wipe Data / Factory Reset from the menu that will appear (you can navigate it with Volume UP / Volume Down buttons and select with Power button)
- Confirm your Factory Reset procedure
By any of both methods you will end up with your Samsung Galaxy S3 completely clean and devoid of any data you may have stored before on it.
Reset Android Searches
- galaxy s3 hard reset
- hard reset s3
- samsung s3 reset
- samsung s3 hard reset
- galaxy s3 hard reset keys
- s3 mini hard reset combination keys
The Pivos XIOS DS is a nice small Android -and Linux– media box with plenty of power, I/O connectors and possibilities.
The Pivos XIOS DS allows you to run a specially tailored version of LINUX bundled with the acclaimed XBMC Media Player (As this Linux version is specifically tuned for running XBMC only, it boots ultra fast into XBMC interface)
The XIOS DS also can also be flashed into Android Gingerbread (2.3.x) and even Android ICS (4.x) operative systems, allowing you to run Google Play Store. In the latter, you can also install XBMC as an Android apk.
Actually, the guys at XBMC.org selected the PIVOS XIOS DS as the development testbed for their Android version of XBMC, so it is the recommended hardware platform for it in this early alpha and beta stage.
If you don’t have this interesting media play box, you can grab your Pivos XIOS DS from amazon.com.
Hard reset on your Pivos XIOS DS media Play
If you are running Android on your Pivos XIOS DS then you can always use the RESET TO FACTORY DEFAULTS option in the SETTINGS / PRIVACY Menu. But if you want to completely reset your media play box for sure, then you will need to use the following instructions:
- Download a suitable firmware from PIVOS Website
- Copy the “.img” file with the firmware into a pendrive
- Turn off your Pivos XIOS DS unit and plug the pendrive into one of its USB ports
- Locate in the bottom of your Pivos XIOS DS the UPGRADE hidden button and depress it with a paperclip or similar (you will feel at the bottom of it, a button doing the “click”).
- While pressing the UPGRADE button, power on your Pivos XIOS DS and wait until a green screen with the Android Robot on it’s side and the UPGRADE TEXT appears.
- Depress the upgrade button and wait a couple of minutes for the upgrade (and hard reset) routine to finish
You will be able not only to hard reset your Pivos XIOS DS but also to upgrade eventually your firmware into the latest version by following these instructions!
Reset Android Searches
- how to factory reset pivos xios
- xios ds factory reset
- pivos xios ds xbmc apk
- android tv box reset factory
- xbmc android player hard reset
- xbmc android box reset
- Wipe clean Pivos Xios DS
- update linux pivos xios
- turning off pivos box
- reset xbmc to a clean slate on android tv smart player
As usual, you can perform a factory default reset (also known as hard reset) on your LG Optimus V by using the appropriate option inside your Android settings menu. This might prove easy and simple provided that your LG Optimus V is still in normal working condition and you have access to it (i.e. you didn´t loose your password, and your LG Optimus V phone is working ok).
- On your Home Screen, get into the Settings Menu
- Select PRIVACY option
- Inside PRIVACY option choose the FACTORY DATA RESET
- Read and confirm each data are that will be deleted.
- Press over RESET PHONE
Hard Reset LG Optimus V without access to Android
This second scenario is assuming that you cannot access your Android OS thus you cannot follow the above procedure. In order to start these steps, you need to have your LG Optimus V powered off. If your phone is turned on but freezed and you cannot power it off, please take off the phone’s battery, wait for some seconds and place it back again.
- Press and hold the “DOWN VOLUME” + “HOME” + “POWER” keys for at least 5 seconds
- When the power turns on, relese those keys
- Follow the onscreen instructions to reset your LG Optimus V
Reset Android Searches
- factory reset lg optimus android
- hard reset lg optimus
- how to reset a android lg optimus
- how to reset password on lg optimus v phone
- reset android optimus lg
You probably are quite happy with your Kindle Fire. But it may be necessary to hard reset android on your Kindle Fire, if it starts behaving erratically or freeze up on you. Since your Kindle Fire is based on a special version of Android OS, tailored specifically for Amazon, it does not include the usual menu access that other Android OS based devices may have available to the user. This means that you will not be able to hard reset your Kindle Fire from inside Android.
But do not despair, there is an alternative -hardware based- method to reset your Kindle Fire, which is bulletproof and will get you back into a factory default status in no time with your reading Tablet.
Performing a Hard reset on your Kindle Fire
First you need to plug your Kindle Fire into its battery charger. Then you just need to press and hold for 30 seconds the power switch. When time is up, you release it, and then press it once more for the Kindle Fire to turn on as a blank slate, in factory default state. You will need to download your books and magazines back into your Kindle Fire.
If performing a hard reset on your Kindle Fire does not solve your issues, then perhaps it is time to give Amazon a phone call and ask for a replacement. Their Kindle Fire support phone is 1-877-453-4512. Amazon might change your Kindle Fire provided you still are covered by their warranty.
Reset Android Searches
- kindle fire hard reset
- hard reset kindle fire
- Hard reset amazon fire phone
- amazon fire phone hard reset
- x43z60 hard reset
- restart kindle tablet
- resetting kindle fire stock andriod
- reset a kindle
- hard reset kindle fire hd 7 x43z60
- x43z60 kindle fire hard reset
As in all Android phones, if you need to perform a hard reset on your Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini, then you have two choices. The first one can be fulfilled from inside Android itself. The second way may be invoked if your Android OS is too sluggish or clogged to respond. Both methods will allow you to erase all your personal data and installed apps, leaving your Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini in a factory default state -as if you had just bought it-.
Hard reset your Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini from Android
- In your Home screen, tap the menu button.
- Select “Settings”
- From the “Settings” menu tap on “Privacy” option.
- On the “Privacy” screen, tap “Factory Data Reset”
- Tap over “Reset Phone” option.
- The phone may ask you your password, please enter it.
- Confirm the procedure by tapping over “Erase Everything”.
Hard reset Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini from the phone itself
Assuming that your Android OS is way too damaged or sluggish to respond to the above instructions, you can perform a hard reset from the phone itself. You need to start with your Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini in a powered off state. If your phone right now is freezed, and you cannot turn it off, then please remove its battery, wait for some seconds, and reinsert it, to effectively turn your phone off.
- Make sure your phone is powered off
- Press the Left and Right buttons beneath the display and hold them.
- Press and release the Power button.
- You will get on-screen instructions to hard reset your Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini
Reset Android Searches
- xperia go hard reset
- hard reset xperia mini
- xperia mini hard reset
- sony ericsson xperia mini pro hard reset
- hard reset sony ericsson xperia mini pro
- sony ericsson xperia mini hard reset
- hard reset sony ericsson xperia mini
- xperia mini pro hard reset
- hard reset xperia mini pro