The following reset Android tutorial will help you regain control of your Samsung Galaxy S3 mini in the event that you forgot the pattern lock password or because your phone goes slow or erratic and requires a “clean state”.
This tutorial will focus on two simple methods to restore the phone into its original factory settings.
The first method will even effectively clear the lock pattern and regain your control of the phone.
The second method is more suitable if your are finding your Samsung Galaxy S3 mini slow or erratic on its use and you want to regain original speed and usability.
Reset Android on your Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini
Both methods will perform a hard reset on this device and reach the same result: Restore the phone to factory settings. These methods only differ on their mode of application.
A quick advice: If you are able to do so , you may need to backup your data before you begin: You can backup all your Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini information through one of the many backup and restore applications available on Google Play.
First method to unlock Android on Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini with buttons:
This first method will teach you how to reset Android on your Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini via buttons, ideal for those cases in which the Android operating system has been damaged beyond usability or you have forgotten the unlock pattern and are left out of your phone. The steps are these :
- Turn off the phone and wait 10 seconds before going to the next point
- While holding down both VOLUME UP and HOME buttons, we press the POWER button until the phone vibrates: When it does, let go all buttons
- We will see an android with blue gear on the screen that confirms that the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini has entered recovery mode
- When you reach the Android recovery mode menu , we seek the ” Wipe Data / Factory Reset” with the volume UP and DOWN buttons and confirm with the POWER button
- In the next window, select the option ” Yes – Delete all user data” and the restore process will start automatically
- To finish the process, find the option to ” Reboot system now ” and select it for the phone to reboot as new, with factory settings .
SECOND METHOD TO UNLOCK ANDROID IN SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 MINI CN THE MENU
If you still have access to your Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini operative system, then this process is even more simple: You just get into the factory reset option on your phone.
Starting from your Android homescreen, you go to Settings > Backup and Restore > Restore Data factory > Reset phone > Erase everything.
This simple method also allows us to reset Android on Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini quickly and easily.