If you have an HTC Evo 4G and it is not working as it should, you may need to reset Android in order for your phone to return into to factory condition.
Also, if you forgot the pattern lock code, by following this tutorial and successfully resetting Android inside your HTC Evo 4G, you will regain command of it.
Today we’ll show you two easy ways to reset Android on your HTC Evo 4G.
A word of advice: By resetting Android
If you still have access into your HTC Evo 4G operative system, then you may just want to perform a backup of all your information.
Reset Android on the HTC EVO 4G
This method may prove effective to reset Android if you have no access to the Android operating system, either because it is damaged or because you forgot the lock pattern.
You will need to enter into a custom recovery menu inside your HTC Evo 4G, which will restore the phone into factory settings.
You must follow these steps:
- Turn off the phone properly. If it does not want to power off, just take it’s battery for some seconds.
- Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button
- Press and then release the POWER button (while pressing the VOLUME DOWN button)
- If you did it right, you will see the recovery menu on your HTC Evo 4G display.
- With your phone’s volume buttons navigate into “Clear Storage” and confirm with power button
- Use the VOLUME UP button to confirm the process
- After a few minutes the phone will reboot in factory default state.
RESET ANDROID ON HTC EVO 4G if it is still in working state
We will use the standard factory reset option inside your HTC Evo 4G’s Android operating system:
From your phone’s main screen, get into settings menu. You need to navigate and tap into Settings> Backup and Restore > Restore Factory Data > Reset phone > Erase everything. Wait a few minutes and your phone will restart as if just bought: Completely clean and in default settings.