It’s time to reset Android on HTC Desire Eye to return it to it’s factory settings.
If you have detected erratic behaviour from your, it might be time to reset Android, or maybe you have forgotten the lock pattern you set a while ago.
There are two methods to reset Android and in this tutorial we will explain both.
You will use the first one if you can access the Applications Menu of the HTC Desire Eye. The second method is for when you have a fatal error on the OS
Reset Android on HTC Desire Eye using the Application Menu
If you have access to the Application Menu, this is the method you will use to reset Android on the HTC Desire Eye. Just follow these easy steps:
- Go to your devices Application Menu
- Go to Backup & Reset
- Select Reset Phone
- If you select Erase all data, this process will delete all media, your documents, and other files stored in your phone. If you want to delete everything stored in your memory card, too, select Erase SD card.
- Tap on OK to start the process.
Reset Android on HTC Desire Eye using hardware buttons
If your HTC Desire Eye is not responding, or you can’t access it’s OS because for any number of reasons, you will use this method to reset Android on the device.
- Turn off your HTC Desire Eye completely.
- Press the Volume Down and Power buttons at the same time.
- When you see three Android figures on the screen, let go of both buttons
- A menu will show on the screen. Using the volume buttons to move between the options, select the Factory reset, and use the Power button to accept the selection.
- The reset android process will start, and your phone will restart itself once it’s done.
You should now have a HTC Desire Eye as out of the box, having reset Android on it!