So, you bought a new Google Nexus 7 Tablet. Immediately, you configured it for the somewhat novel and fun (yes, sure you are still thinking about it as fun) gesture and / or face recognition unlock pattern. For a time, you are quite happy about your Nexus 7. But, inevitably, maybe at work, at school, or even in your own home, someone grabbed your Nexus 7 and used up all its unlock pattern retries trying to get into Android. Now you got your Nexus 7 tablet locked, asking for you to enter your google account password in order to reset it’s retry counter and let you get in.
There is a tiny detail in this scenario, bumping the “perversity level” up a notch: Last time you used your Nexus 7, you turned off it’s WIFI connection in order to conserve energy. So, now, as Murphy law dictates, when you enter your google’s account passwords, your Nexus 7 tablet has no means of checking it up against Google’s website (and as it happens, your Nexus 7 Android OS seems to be dumb enough not to actually turn WIFI on).
The only effective solution, as most users under this situation writes about, is to RMA it into Google . They make you pay for a hard reset fee, and return your Nexus 7 to you after factory defaulting it.
Is there a hard reset method for the Nexus 7 Tablet ?
There are tons of forums over the web where they discuss this topic, believe it or not. The foolproof method is elusive enough to get you reading for hours. Several methods are listed, none are confirmed by third parties. We shall transcribe those ones that might be worth a try:
- Leave it ON, asking for the unlock pattern: When battery starts to get low, your Nexus 7 will ask if you want to adjust your battery settings. If you confirm this, you will be taken into the settings menu, under the battery settings option, but then, the whole settings menu will be accessible. If such is the case, you may select BACKUP & RESET and perform a Hard reset Android on your Nexus 7!
- You can always send it to Google and pay their hard reset service.
- If you are a certified geek, fond of technical intrincancies, you may try a tutorial on how to unlock, root and Flash recover your Nexus 7, depicted on this link.
Please, if you find any of these methods useful at all, or discover any other that does work, post it as a comment down here so other users of the Nexus 7 tablet can benefit from it too!
- hard reset nexus 7
- nexus 7 reset
- nexus asus tablet reset
- android nexus 7 reset
- nexus 7 master reset
- nexus asus reset
- reset andorid nexsus password
- reset android nexus 7
- reset asus nexus 7
- reset asus nexus to factory defaults