There are two oficial ways to reset Android on Google Nexus 7, version 2013.
Any of those ways will ensure that your Android Tablet will go back to it’s factory settings. They only differentiate from each other in the steps you have to execute for each of them.
You will decide which one to use depending on the status of your Google Nexus 7.
If you have full access to it’s menues, you will use the method that uses software to reset Android on your tablet. If, on the other hand, you do not have access to your Google Nexus 7, for instance if you forgot your lock pattern
Independently of the method you will use, make sure the battery of your Google Nexus is charged at least at 70%, so that your device does not power off during the procedure.
Reset Android on Google Nexus 7 using software
To reset Android using this method you will ned to have access to the Settings menu of your Google Nexus 7. Follow these steps:
- Go to “Settings“
- In personal, touch “Backup & Reset“
- In Personal data touch “Factory Data Reset“
- Touch “Reset Tablet“
- If your tablet is password or PIN protected, you will be asked to enter it at this point.
- Touch “Erase Everything” to completely clean your Google Nexus 7 device.
Your device will reset itself and by the time it goes back on it will be as out of the box.
Reset Android on Google Nexus 7 using hardware
- Turn off your tablet
- Press and hold down the Volume Down and Power button at the same time until the word “Start” shows up on the screen
- Use the Volumen Down button to move down through the menu until “Recovery mode“
- Press the Power button to select “Recovery mode“. At this point a red Android robot will show up on your screen.
- Keep holding down the Power button and press the Volume Up button
- Use the Volume Buttons to move up and down the menu to “Wipe data/Factory Reset” and use the Power button to select the option.
- Use the Volume Buttons to scroll down to “Yes – erase all user data” and select the option with the Power button.
If at any point your tablet becomes unresponsive, you can restart it by holding down the power button for a few seconds.
You’re done! You have now reset Android on your Google Nexus 7 tablet!