In this tutorial we will explain how to reset Android in the Xiaomi Redmi 2, and in this way return it to factory settings.
Before starting, we recommend that you make sure that the battery of your phone is charged to at least 80%, to avoid any unwanted shut-downs during the process.
Having done this, if you have access to the Applications menu of your Xiaomi Redmi 2, you can use the first method to reset Android
If you have set a lock pattern on your device, and don’t remember it, the second method will be ideal for you.
First method to reset Android on Xiaomi Redmi 2, through the applications menu
- To reset Android on your Xiaomi Redmi 2 using this method, you just have to go to the Applications menu and follow these steps:
- Go to Settings -> Backup & Reset
- Choose Factory data reset and then Reset Phone
- To complete the operation and really go back to factory settings select the option Erase everything.
And you’re done!
Second method to reset Android on Xiaomi Redmi 2
If you have forgotten the lock pattern you have set on your Xiaomi Redmi 2 and you need to reset Android to regain access to the device, just follow these steps:
- Make sure your device is turned off.
- Press Volume Down button and without letting press the Power button.
- Let go of both buttons when the Recovery menu shows up on the screen. Using the Volume Down button, navigate through the options to select Recovery Mode, and use the Volume Up button to enter.
When you see the Android logo, press the power button to see the menu options
- Navigate through the options using the Volume Buttons to select Wipe data / Factory reset, and use the power button to select.
- In the same way select the option Yes – Delete all user data, and wait until the process finishes.
- When the Xiaomi Redmi 2 restarts, you need to turn it off and again, to finish the process of reset Android.
Done! You have finished the reset Android process on the Xiaomi Redmi 2!