In this tutorial we show you how to reset Android on the Sony Xperia SP in three different ways.
Two of these methods can be applied even if you have no access to the Android OS inside your Sony Xperia XP.
This can happen if -for example- you forgot the lock pattern password for your phone.
RESET Android on the Sony Xperia SP without entering the phone men
For this method of performing a hard reset we will invoke a special custom restoration menu inside your Xperia Sony SP. You will need to press a combination of buttons. Please follow these steps :
- Turn off your Sony Xperia SP
- Press the VOLUME UP and POWER button together for a few seconds until the phone screen displays a recovery menu
- Release the buttons and follow the menu instructions to proceed with the factory reset
- After a few minutes your Sony Xperia SP restart with original factory settings restored.
Reset ANDROID ON YOUR SONY XPERIA, yet another way
Some carriers may have disabled the use of the hidden recovery menu inside the Sony Xperia SP -for security reasons, or whatever reasons they may have- so the above process may not apply.
This second method will also perform the needed reset in your Android, with help of Sony official software. Please, follow the steps marked below:
- Download and install the Sony phone Flash Tool from Internet.
- Open the program and connect the USB cable to the computer (although not on the Sony Xperia SP itself )
- Turn off your phone and while holding the VOLUME DOWN button connect the USB cable
- If everything goes right, you should see that the computer program recognizes the device: You can release the VOLUME DOWN button
- In the left window the program will display the phone name and its latest firmware version
- Select your phone (Sony Xperia SP) from the list (usually it’s the only one ) and press “Apply Service”
- the phone will restart after it has completed the process
- Do not disconnect your device from the USB cable until the program tells you.
Last method to RESET ANDROID ON YOUR Sony Xperia SP
In this last case, we will learn how to hard reset Android on your Sony Xperia SP through the Android settings menu. This may become handy if you want to sell or give away your phone, but first you want to erase all your contacts, messages and apps.
From the Android home screen, go to Settings > Backup and Restore > Factory data reset > Reset phone > Erase everything , wait some seconds and your phone will restart as new.