In this tutorial we show you how to reset Android on the Sony Xperia SP in three different ways.
Two of these methods can be applied even if you have no access to the Android OS inside your Sony Xperia XP.
This can happen if -for example- you forgot the lock pattern password for your phone.
RESET Android on the Sony Xperia SP without entering the phone men
For this method of performing a hard reset we will invoke a special custom restoration menu inside your Xperia Sony SP. You will need to press a combination of buttons. Please follow these steps :
- Turn off your Sony Xperia SP
- Press the VOLUME UP and POWER button together for a few seconds until the phone screen displays a recovery menu
- Release the buttons and follow the menu instructions to proceed with the factory reset
- After a few minutes your Sony Xperia SP restart with original factory settings restored.
Reset ANDROID ON YOUR SONY XPERIA, yet another way
Some carriers may have disabled the use of the hidden recovery menu inside the Sony Xperia SP -for security reasons, or whatever reasons they may have- so the above process may not apply.
This second method will also perform the needed reset in your Android, with help of Sony official software. Please, follow the steps marked below:
- Download and install the Sony phone Flash Tool from Internet.
- Open the program and connect the USB cable to the computer (although not on the Sony Xperia SP itself )
- Turn off your phone and while holding the VOLUME DOWN button connect the USB cable
- If everything goes right, you should see that the computer program recognizes the device: You can release the VOLUME DOWN button
- In the left window the program will display the phone name and its latest firmware version
- Select your phone (Sony Xperia SP) from the list (usually it’s the only one ) and press “Apply Service”
- the phone will restart after it has completed the process
- Do not disconnect your device from the USB cable until the program tells you.
Last method to RESET ANDROID ON YOUR Sony Xperia SP
In this last case, we will learn how to hard reset Android on your Sony Xperia SP through the Android settings menu. This may become handy if you want to sell or give away your phone, but first you want to erase all your contacts, messages and apps.
From the Android home screen, go to Settings > Backup and Restore > Factory data reset > Reset phone > Erase everything , wait some seconds and your phone will restart as new.
This tutorial will focus on how you can reset Android on your Sony Xperia ZL. This will get you back up and running at full speed, with the phone reverted into factory default state. Even if you forgot your locking pattern password, this procedure will unlock Android on the Sony Xperia ZL
You may find a good buyer or even give away your Sony Xperia ZL in the even you have no need for it anymore: It has a quad-core processor and 2gb ram which give a great power when running any Android application. Before you depart from it, then again it is a good idea to perform a hard reset, so all your pe
rsonal data, including messages, contacts and installed apps are gone.
Although the company has disabled the custom recovery mode to get a lighter Android operating system on your Sony Xperia ZL, we will show a method which can do a hard reset on this phone without even having access into it’s main menu .
Of course will also discuss the process to unlock Android from the phone itself.
PerformING a hard reset on your Sony Xperia ZL
This method is very useful for those who have forgotten the lock pattern on the Sony Xperia ZL device or for those with serious errors in the Android system, which prevent the use of it’s settings menu.
You will need an USB cable for the Sony Xperia ZL and a computer with Windows to fulfill the following steps:
- Download and install Sony PC Companion by clicking this link
- Open the program and connect your Sony Xperia ZL device
- Wait for the proper drivers to be installed (this should proceed automatically)
- Go to the support section (Support Zone) and press the Start button
- Go to the tab ” Phone Software Update ” and press start again
- When a windows pop up, select the REPAIR PHONE option.
- We follow the simple instructions depicted in the program and click accept
- When the process completes, press “end”: Your Sony Xperia ZL phone will restart
Reset ANDROID ON SONY XPERIA ZL, FROM THE MENU
Another method to reset Android in your Sony Xperia ZL is through access into the device menu. This will allow you to restore the Sony Xperia ZL phone. Just consider that you may want to backup your files with a backup Google Play application, first.
To make this process we go to Settings> Backup and Restore > Restore Factory Data > Reset phone > Erase everything. We wait for it to carry out the restoration process on the Sony Xperia ZL.
The Sony Xperia Neo has been one of the most popular terminals market for a couple of past years but now you may want to sell it into the flea market, or give it away.
But then perhaps you forgot your unlock pattern password, or you may need to erase all your personal data inside the phone. These tutorials will definitely help you on achieving this.
As a way of introduction, this is a phone with 8 megapixel camera on the rear and a Snapdragon processor running at 1GHz, displaying a 3.7″ TFT touchscreen with up to 32 gb microSD expansion capability… all this contained im a 126 grams casing of pure style (116 x 57 x 13 mm).
Today we will learn how to reset Android on the Sony Xperia Neo with two simple methods.
The first tutorial includes the hard reset method through buttons, just in case that you have to reset it from scratch because forgot the security pattern or key code of your Android Sony Xperia Neo or the Android operating system is unstable or totally damaged.
There is also a second method, involving the use of some specific software provided by Sony for your phone: By following the instructions on screen it will allow you to recover your Sony Xperia Neo into the factory default.
First method to Reset Android on the Sony Xperia Neo
The first method needs that you press a combination of buttons that will lead to personalized recovery mode inside the Sony Xperia Neo. In order to activate this method we must follow these steps:
- Turn off your phone, if you cannot turn it off, then please remove the battery for more than 5 seconds
- With both volume buttons on the side pressed, also press the power button for at least 5 seconds.
- The custom recovery menu will be presented to you.
- Follow simple steps, starting by selecting the “Factory Reset” option
You will force your Sony Xperia Neo into its original factory settings.
SECOND METHOD TO RESET ANDROID IN SONY XPERIA NEO
You may also use the second method, recommended for the device, which is to recover the Android operating system from PC Companion Software
Here the steps are:
- Download the application from this link and install it.
- Connect your Sony Xperia Neo into your PC and wait for the computer to recognize it and install your custom drivers.
- On the PC application, enter Support Zone and use Tools> Phone Repair, to perform a repair of the device and wait for the program to complete the job.
With these two options to hard reset Android on your Sony Xperia Neo phone, you will be able to get it into a new factory default device.