If you need to reset Android on your HTC Desire X phone, this tutorial will teach you how to achieve it in very simple steps.
You may reset Android in order to improve your HTC Desire X speed, solve random errors that it may be throwing at you, or even regain access to your phone in the event that you have been locked out by the pattern lock.
Or simply enough, maybe for some reason you are looking to sell or give away your HTC Desire X; A good first step is to reset Android before it passes into other hands in order to wipe out all your personal information and settings from it.
But then, If you want to preserve your personal data, you can use a backup tool for preserving your files. If such is your need, then we recommend you the G-Cloud tool from Google Play Store.
Reset Android on your HTC Desire the easy way
When you still have working access into the HTC Desire X menu, things become much easier, because with only one step you can reset Android and so restore it’s original settings :
Navigate into Settings > Storage> Factory data reset > Reset phone > Erase everything , now you just have to wait a few minutes and the phone will restart as if brand new.
SECOND METHOD TO RESET ANDROID ON HTC DESIRE X
If you do not have access to the Android operating system
- Turn off your HTC Desire X completely. You may even remove the battery for 10 seconds, to ensure that you phone is completely shut down.
- Now hold the VOLUME DOWN button and then press the POWER button. A menu will appear, wait for it, and then you can depress both buttons.
- if you do it right you will see a menu with four options Fastboot , Recovery , Clear Storage , and Simlock
- Navigate down the menu, using the VOLUME DOWN button until FACTORY RESET option is highlighted and press the POWER button to confirm
If fourth step is wrong, then please select CLEAR STORAGE form menu, and then search for the Factory reset option.
Any questions you have , please contact us in the comments section. Hopefully you achieved to reset Android on your HTC Desire X by following our steps.
If you have an HTC Evo 4G and it is not working as it should, you may need to reset Android in order for your phone to return into to factory condition.
Also, if you forgot the pattern lock code, by following this tutorial and successfully resetting Android inside your HTC Evo 4G, you will regain command of it.
Today we’ll show you two easy ways to reset Android on your HTC Evo 4G.
A word of advice: By resetting Android, on your HTC Evo 4G, all contacts, messages, apps installed and personal data will be deleted.
If you still have access into your HTC Evo 4G operative system, then you may just want to perform a backup of all your information.
Reset Android on the HTC EVO 4G
This method may prove effective to reset Android if you have no access to the Android operating system, either because it is damaged or because you forgot the lock pattern.
You will need to enter into a custom recovery menu inside your HTC Evo 4G, which will restore the phone into factory settings.
You must follow these steps:
- Turn off the phone properly. If it does not want to power off, just take it’s battery for some seconds.
- Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button
- Press and then release the POWER button (while pressing the VOLUME DOWN button)
- If you did it right, you will see the recovery menu on your HTC Evo 4G display.
- With your phone’s volume buttons navigate into “Clear Storage” and confirm with power button
- Use the VOLUME UP button to confirm the process
- After a few minutes the phone will reboot in factory default state.
RESET ANDROID ON HTC EVO 4G if it is still in working state
We will use the standard factory reset option inside your HTC Evo 4G’s Android operating system:
From your phone’s main screen, get into settings menu. You need to navigate and tap into Settings> Backup and Restore > Restore Factory Data > Reset phone > Erase everything. Wait a few minutes and your phone will restart as if just bought: Completely clean and in default settings.
You will learn in this tutorial how to hard reset Android on your HTC Explorer. This phone had an acceptable degree of popularity, hence it is possible that today perhaps you bought second hand, or found it on the back of a drawer and are planning to sell it or even give it away.
Whatever suits you! But then, maybe it has been protected bv Android’s Pattern block password and now you do not remember it!
Or perhaps it is clogged, full of apps and games that turns the HTC Explorer quite unusable. The solution is to perform a hard reset on your HTC Explorer and thus the phone will regain factory default status. It will forget all your settings, apps, games, messages, contacts, etc.
We will show you two different methods for performing a hard reset on the Android inside your HTC Explorer. One of these methods will be used when you have no access to the device’s menu. The second method will be implemented from within the Android operating system menu of the HTC Explorer.
Reset Android on your HTC Explorer through buttons
To hard reset Android using a combination of buttons, you need to have the device with 50% battery at least. If you are unsure of how much battery you have your device, connect your HTC Explorer to the battery charger for at least an hour before proceeding
- We need to start with the phone powered off. It you cannot turn it off, you may remove the battery and wait 5 seconds before putting it back inside.
- Keep the volume down button pressed while you press the POWER button for a few seconds.
- Wait until the screen depicts three androids
- Release the volume button to enter the recovery mode on your HTC Explorer.
- Go down with the volume buttons, select “Factory Reset” and use the power button to confirm.
- Wait until the process is done and you have a factory defaulted HTC Explorer.
Unlock HTC Explorer Android on through the menu
Another way to do this process is to run the factory reset from the Settings menu, available from the Android’s OS Main screen: To do so, we get into Settings> Internal Storage and SD> Reset phone> Erase everything.
With these simple steps you can successfully reset Android on the HTC Explorer.