If you purchased a COBY KYROS Tablet and it is behaving sluggishly or you forgot the lock pattern, you may have to reset Android to solve your situation.
You are lucky enough tthat COBY, the company behind the Coby Kyros tablet is concerned about the welfare of their equipment:
Coby released an official method to
Unfortunately at the time of this writing we cannot give you the actual web link to the official reset Android method because Coby USA official website seems to be offline, but you can try it at any time: www.cobyusa.com
This will also add the traditional option of restoring into factory defaults through the settings menu, in caso you still got a working Coby Kyros tablet.
Before starting the Android reset process you should be aware that all your personal files and settings will be lost. Therefore, if you still have access to the Android Operative system, you can do a backup with any backup tool, which you will find on your favorite internet market store tool.
First way to reset ANDROID on COBY KYROS Tablet
This is the official method used to reset Android on the COBY KYROS when you do not have access to the system. You will invoke a hidden Android recovery menu and from there you will be able to return the device to its original factory default state:
- Turn off the tablet as follows: Press (and keep pressed) the power button until the DEVICE OPTION menu appears. Select POWER OFF and click on OK.
- When your Coby Kyros tablet is fully OFF, press the BACK and POWER buttons at the same time for eight seconds aprox.
- If you did it right you will see a android with a yellow triangle. Press the BACK button once.
- The hidden Android Recovery menu will appear onscreen. With the HOME and MENU buttons you will be able to move up and down among the available options.
- Navigate into ” Wipe data / Factory Reset ” and select it with the BACK button
- Do the same with the next option ” Yes – Delete all user data”
- Wait for the process to finish and select REBOOT SYSTEM NOW to restart the tablet
SECOND WAY TO RESET ANDROID ON THE COBY KYROS TABLET
This method to reset Android on your Coby Kyros is applied from the settings menu: Settings> Backup and Restore > Factory Data Reset > Clear data , wait a few minutes the process automatically restarts your device.
If you need aditional information on the COBY KYROS Tablet reset procedures, please contact us through the comments section below.