We are learning how to perform a hard reset and thus achieve to unlock Android -if you forgot your unlock pattern password- on your Sony Xperia Ray.
For this tutorial, we will use two methods easy to follow for our readers.
These two methods that we use shall perform the function of restoring the Sony Xperia Ray into the original factory settings. B
ut before that, we need to make a backup copy of all data on your device and to do it we can use one of the (free) tools that can be found on Sony’s website.
First method to unlock Android on the Sony Xperia Ray
The first method that we will use to unlock Android on our Sony Xperia Ray is based on the probably absence of access to the device, either by a damaged operating system or because we forgot the unlock pattern code or so. In this case we will use the program that gives Sony to update or restore the phone to the original factory settings.
We will need to follow the steps below:
- Download and install Sony PC Companion
- Connect your Sony Xperia Ray, wait at least one minute for your computer to recognize the device
- Go to Support Zone > Software update phone / tablet, if your device is already updated you will see a link to “Repair your phone / tablet ‘, select that option and go to the next screen, and we only have to follow the instructions on the screen (press several times the “Next”) and wait for the computer to perform the process.
With these few steps will have a Sony Xperia Ray ready as to the first use, with the factory settings.
Second method to unlock Android on Sony Xperia Ray
The second method to unlock Android on our Sony Xperia Ray will allow us to restore the phone through the device menu itself. This is used when the phone already runs very slow or has many applications and we want to return to their Original factory reset.
For this method we need only to go to Settings> Privacy (or backup and restore Android 4.1)> Factory data reset> Reset phone> Erase everything. We wait the process to be successful and we will see a welcome screen when the phone is restarted.
With these simple steps we were able to reset our Android Sony Xperia Ray quickly and easily, if you need to unlock Android on anyother similar device in particular, leave your request in the comment section and we will gladly review it and create a specialized item.
We selected for this the Motorola Dext Android device for our hard reset tutorial since a good portion of our readers still owns it.
Motorola Dext, also known as Motorola Cliq in USA, is the first device from the company’s own Android operating system
Due to the personalization for the interface that has passed the Motorola Dext, the method to unlock Android is different to everything we know, however, like previous processes, this will erase all data from the phone, then backup you data before.
Unlock Android on the Motorola Dext
This process is carried out through a combination of buttons that will give us access to equipment recovery mode, from there we can do, among other things, a factory reset.
The steps are:
- Turn off your phone and wait five seconds.
- Turn on the phone and when Motorola logo appears press the camera button for more than 10 seconds, wait for the device to display a menu. When that happens press the volume button less, when you do that you will see a phone and a triangle, now press the Alt key and L together, you will see three options.
- Among the three options really one that says “Wipe Data / Factory Reset” to select the pad you can go down to it or press Alt and W key.
If you did it right the phone will format, now you just need to reboot for the process to complete the hard reset.
Additional steps when you unlock the Motorola Dext
If you have a MotoBlur account you can recover your files entering your account data in the first system startup. This will leave your phone as the last time you did a backup with this application.
As you realize, unlock Android on the Motorola Dext is easy, but if you still have doubts, we will be solving them in the comments.
As a reference, the Alcatel OT-985 hit the market to stand as one of the best low-mid range options.
Today we will see how to reset android and thus manage to unlock Android on Alcatel OT-985 with two simple methods:
The first of these two methods is done selecting a combination of buttons that provide access to a hidden support menu where we can restore our phone to its original factory default settings.
This process is used mostly by people who have no access to the Android operating system of the phone at all, when the phone gets stuck at startup or when we have forgotten the unlock pattern.
Unlock Android Alcatel OT-985 using the buttons
To perform a hard reset or factory reset, you must be sure that your phone has at least 20% battery, then we should follow the following steps:
- With the phone off press the volume button less and the power button at the same time, when you turn the screen also press the start button (home) to use the Alcatel Android Manager to restore the phone to the original factory settings, it’s easy and intuitive.
- With this we will have a Alcatel OT-985 completely renovated to the factory settings now see the second method, this can be done from within the Android operating system menu.
Unlock Android ALCATEL OT-985 through the menu
This method can be very useful if we have access to the device menu and want to reset the phone for being slow or unstable, so it is advisable to make a backup of our files since this and the previous method erases all data from the phone without exception.
To reset the phone using the menu we have to go to Settings> Privacy> Factory data reset> Reset phone> Erase everything, wait for the process to be done and enter the initial settings.
With these simple steps we can unlock Android on our Alcatel OT-985 successfully and as always, doubts are resolved in the comments.