If you are looking to reset Android on your Samsung Galaxy S7, this is the tutorial for you. Maybe it’s behaving in a strange manner, or you just need to start over from factory settings to give it to someone else to use.
When you reset Android on your Samsung Galaxy S7, you’re making it return to it’s out of the box state, so if you forgot your lock pin, pattern or password, this is the way to go.
We will explain two methods to achieve this, depending on the state of your Samsung Galaxy S7.
Before starting with any of these two methods, make sure your battery is fully charged, to avoid any surprise shut downs. It is also a good idea to do a backup if you have access to yourSamsung Galaxy S7’s operative system.
So, let’s get to it!
Like we stated before, in this tutorial we will explain two methods on how to reset Android on a Samsung Galaxy S7. You will use the first one if you can access your Android OS, and simply want to return your phone to factory settings. The second one is used when you have lost access to your device for some reason.
How to reset android on Samsung Galaxy S7, through the Settings Menu
To reset Android using this method you have to be able to access the Settings on your Samsung Galaxy S7.
After opening your settings, go to Backup & Reset, and then select the option Factory data reset.
Tap the Reset Device button for the process to start, deleting everything from your phone, and then proceeding to shutting down the phone and restarting.
How to reset Android on Samsung Galaxy S7, using hardware buttons.
To hard reset android on your Samsung Galaxy S7 follow these easy steps:
- Completely power off your device
- Press the volume up, home and power buttons at the same time, and release them.
- You will see different messages for rebooting and updating and then a menu will show.
- Using the volume buttons navigate to the Wipe data /factory reset option and press the power button to confirm.
- Select Yes, stating that you are sure that you want to go through with the process, and confirm the process using the power button.
- After some processing, the menu will show up again, at which point using the volume buttons to navigate the options, you have to select the option Reset system now and press the power button to confirm.
Once your Samsung Galaxy S7 has rebooted, with either of the two methods, you will have reset Android on your device, having returned it to it’s factory settings, and leaving it as good as new waiting for configurations.
This tutorial will teach you how to reset Android on Samsung Galaxy Tab first edition with two different ways.
By resetting Android on your Samsung Galaxy Tab you will return it into factory default state.
Our first reset Android method may be used to restore settings if you have a working Galaxy Tab. It is the easiest method, but demands access to Android’s settings menu.
If your Samsung Galaxy Tab is not responding due to a forgotten pattern locking password, the second method will reset Android on your Samsung Galaxy Tab from a hidden recovery menu.
This will allow you to reset Android on your Samsung Galaxy Android Tab from Android’s Settings menu:
- Open the settings menu , then go to the Privacy section ( or backup and restore if you have a more updated system)
- tap into Reset Factory Data Reset tablet and then
- Finally you can check the “Format removable card ” option if available, this will also erase your data on the external microSD Card.
- Tap into Erase everything and wait for the process to complete
- After a few minutes you will have a whole new Samsung Galaxy Tab!
RESET ANDROID ON SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB THROUGH buttons
This second method will manage to reset Android on your Samsung Galaxy Tab by pressing a sequence of buttons, without acessing Android OS:
- Turn off the Samsung Galaxy Tab and wait 10 seconds to continue
- Press the volume up button and also press and hold the off button
- When you see the Samsung logo release the power button
- If you see a recovery menu release the volume up button
- Now use the volume down button to go to “Wipe data / Factory reset” , confirm with the off button
- Do the same with the ” Yes – Delete all user data” and wait until the process completes correctly
- If you go back to the recovery menu press the power button to confirm your choice and wait
- When you restart your tablet just enter the initial settings and have new software like
If you have not managed to reset Android on Samsung Galaxy Tab with the two ways that we show here, we can help you in the comments section.
We can reset Android in two different ways on the LG Nitro HD, an Android mobile phone at first exclusive to AT&T but later released for everyone.
Before jumping into the reset Android methods, you need to know which one to choose:
If for some reason you can not remember the lock pattern on your LG Nitro HD and thus cannot use it, then you will need the second reset Android method.
If you still have full access into the applications menu on your LG Nitro HD, then you can use the first method in order to successfully reset Android.
Both methods will return your LG Nitro HD into it’s original factory state, eliminating all your personal data, apps, messages and contacts. This is ideal if you want to give it away or sell it.
Before continuin, please verify that your LG Nitro HD is charged up to at least 50%, in order to avoid blackouts in the middle of the reset Android process.
First method to reset ANDROID ON the LG Nitro HD
To reset Android on the LG Nitro HD through the applications menu you only need to follow these steps:
- Enter the settings area from the applications menu
- Then press in the Privacy section
- Within this area tap Factory data reset
- Finally you must press Clear All
SECOND METHOD TO RESET THE ANDROID LG NITRO HD
In this second method, we will manage to reset Android on the LG Nitro HD, by entering the recovery menu:
- Turn off the phone and wait 10 seconds to take the next step
- While holding the VOLUME DOWN button, also press and hold the POWER button
- When your LG Nitro HD starts to vibrate, release both buttons and wait
- If all goes well you’ll see an alternative menu
- Use the VOLUME buttons to move
- Position yourself on “Wipe data / Factory reset” and press the POWER button to continue
- On the next screen select and confirm “Yes – Delete all user data” option
The reset Android process will start and after a few seconds you will land again in the alternative menu: You just press the power button to restart your LG Nitro HD, you’re done.