The Sony Xperia Neo has been one of the most popular terminals market for a couple of past years but now you may want to sell it into the flea market, or give it away.
But then perhaps you forgot your unlock pattern password, or you may need to erase all your personal data inside the phone. These tutorials will definitely help you on achieving this.
As a way of introduction, this is a phone with 8 megapixel camera on the rear and a Snapdragon processor running at 1GHz, displaying a 3.7″ TFT touchscreen with up to 32 gb microSD expansion capability… all this contained im a 126 grams casing of pure style (116 x 57 x 13 mm).
Today we will learn how to reset Android on the Sony Xperia Neo with two simple methods.
The first tutorial includes the hard reset method through buttons, just in case that you have to reset it from scratch because forgot the security pattern or key code of your Android Sony Xperia Neo or the Android operating system is unstable or totally damaged.
There is also a second method, involving the use of some specific software provided by Sony for your phone: By following the instructions on screen it will allow you to recover your Sony Xperia Neo into the factory default.
First method to Reset Android on the Sony Xperia Neo
The first method needs that you press a combination of buttons that will lead to personalized recovery mode inside the Sony Xperia Neo. In order to activate this method we must follow these steps:
- Turn off your phone, if you cannot turn it off, then please remove the battery for more than 5 seconds
- With both volume buttons on the side pressed, also press the power button for at least 5 seconds.
- The custom recovery menu will be presented to you.
- Follow simple steps, starting by selecting the “Factory Reset” option
You will force your Sony Xperia Neo into its original factory settings.
SECOND METHOD TO RESET ANDROID IN SONY XPERIA NEO
You may also use the second method, recommended for the device, which is to recover the Android operating system from PC Companion Software
Here the steps are:
- Download the application from this link and install it.
- Connect your Sony Xperia Neo into your PC and wait for the computer to recognize it and install your custom drivers.
- On the PC application, enter Support Zone and use Tools> Phone Repair, to perform a repair of the device and wait for the program to complete the job.
With these two options to hard reset Android on your Sony Xperia Neo phone, you will be able to get it into a new factory default device.
We are learning how to perform a hard reset and thus achieve to unlock Android -if you forgot your unlock pattern password- on your Sony Xperia Ray.
For this tutorial, we will use two methods easy to follow for our readers.
These two methods that we use shall perform the function of restoring the Sony Xperia Ray into the original factory settings. B
ut before that, we need to make a backup copy of all data on your device and to do it we can use one of the (free) tools that can be found on Sony’s website.
First method to unlock Android on the Sony Xperia Ray
The first method that we will use to unlock Android on our Sony Xperia Ray is based on the probably absence of access to the device, either by a damaged operating system or because we forgot the unlock pattern code or so. In this case we will use the program that gives Sony to update or restore the phone to the original factory settings.
We will need to follow the steps below:
- Download and install Sony PC Companion
- Connect your Sony Xperia Ray, wait at least one minute for your computer to recognize the device
- Go to Support Zone > Software update phone / tablet, if your device is already updated you will see a link to “Repair your phone / tablet ‘, select that option and go to the next screen, and we only have to follow the instructions on the screen (press several times the “Next”) and wait for the computer to perform the process.
With these few steps will have a Sony Xperia Ray ready as to the first use, with the factory settings.
Second method to unlock Android on Sony Xperia Ray
The second method to unlock Android on our Sony Xperia Ray will allow us to restore the phone through the device menu itself. This is used when the phone already runs very slow or has many applications and we want to return to their Original factory reset.
For this method we need only to go to Settings> Privacy (or backup and restore Android 4.1)> Factory data reset> Reset phone> Erase everything. We wait the process to be successful and we will see a welcome screen when the phone is restarted.
With these simple steps we were able to reset our Android Sony Xperia Ray quickly and easily, if you need to unlock Android on anyother similar device in particular, leave your request in the comment section and we will gladly review it and create a specialized item.
As in all Android phones, if you need to perform a hard reset on your Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini, then you have two choices. The first one can be fulfilled from inside Android itself. The second way may be invoked if your Android OS is too sluggish or clogged to respond. Both methods will allow you to erase all your personal data and installed apps, leaving your Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini in a factory default state -as if you had just bought it-.
Hard reset your Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini from Android
- In your Home screen, tap the menu button.
- Select “Settings”
- From the “Settings” menu tap on “Privacy” option.
- On the “Privacy” screen, tap “Factory Data Reset”
- Tap over “Reset Phone” option.
- The phone may ask you your password, please enter it.
- Confirm the procedure by tapping over “Erase Everything”.
Hard reset Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini from the phone itself
Assuming that your Android OS is way too damaged or sluggish to respond to the above instructions, you can perform a hard reset from the phone itself. You need to start with your Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini in a powered off state. If your phone right now is freezed, and you cannot turn it off, then please remove its battery, wait for some seconds, and reinsert it, to effectively turn your phone off.
- Make sure your phone is powered off
- Press the Left and Right buttons beneath the display and hold them.
- Press and release the Power button.
- You will get on-screen instructions to hard reset your Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini