If your HTC One X Plus has started to present erratic behaviour, maybe it’s time to reset Android on it, and return it to it’s factory settings.
When you reset Android you will delete your Google account on the phone, all accounts you have added to your sync settings, the apps you have installed, the personal data you have created, like calendar, contacts, etc., on your phone, and all system and app settings.
In this tutorial we will explain two ways of reseting Android
Before starting to reset Android on your HTC One X Plus, please make sure the battery of your device is fully charged. This will avoid any unwanted shut downs mid-process.
If you still have access to your HTC One X Plus’s applications menu, the first method is the one you need. If you have forgotten your lock pattern, you will need to use the second method.
Reset Android on HTC One X Plus through OS settings
To reset Android, access the Applications menu on your HTC One X Plus and then select the option Backup & reset. Then press on Reset Phone, and decide if you want to erase all the data on your SD card, in which case you have to select Erase all data. Once you press OK, the process will start automatically.
Reset Android on HTC One X Plus, using hardware buttons
- To do a hard reset Android on your HTC One X Plus, follow these steps:
- Completely turn off your device.
- Press the Volume Down button and the Power button at the same time.
- Let go of both buttons when you see the an image on the screen representing three androids.
- On the menu that shows up, use the volume keys to move up and down and select Factory Reset. Press the Power button to confirm your selection.
- After confirming that you want to reset Android, your phone will automatically start the process and reset itself back to factory settings.
When your HTC One X Plus restarts it will be as it was when you first took it out of the box, ready for you to configure it just the way you want it. And just like that you have reset Android on your HTC One X Plus!