In this tutorial we will teach you how to reset Android on the Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE.
We will show you two methods to accomplish this, even if you have forgotten your lock pattern and it’s active. If this is your case, you should use method number two, which involves using the Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE hardware buttons.
If your Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE is giving you some bugs or it’s lagging, you can reset Android and delete these bugs and lagging problems, using the first method, if you have access to the Applications Menu and Settings.
Before starting with any of the two procedures to reset Android, make sure the battery of you Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE is charged to at least 80%.
First method to reset Android on Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE
If you’re going to use this method to reset Android, it’s indispensable that you have access to the Applications Menu of your Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE. If that is the case, follow these very simple steps:
- Go to Settings
- Go to Backup & Reset in the Accounts
- Select Factory data reset
- Tap on Reset Device and then tap on Continue
- Tap on Delete All to start the reset android process.
Second method to reset Android on Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE using hardware buttons
If you have lost the lock pattern of your Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE, or for another reason you don’t have access to the Android OS of your device, this is the method you will use to reset Android:
- Make sure the Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE is completely turned off.
- Press the Power button, the Volume Up button and the Home button, all at the same time. This will reboot your device into recovery mode.
- When you see the Samsung logo on the screen, let go of the power button, but keep pressing the Volume up and Home buttons.
- When you see a menu on the screen, let go of all buttons.
- Using the volume buttons, go to the Wipe data / Factory reset option, and confirm the option using the Power button.
- Select “Yes – Delete all user data” and confirm, and the reset Android will start.
- Once it’s finished, it will return to the main menu. At this point restart your Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE and when it comes back it will be as good as out of the box, having returned to its factory settings.
And now you have successfully reset Android on a Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE device!