If you are looking to reset Android on your Samsung Galaxy S7, this is the tutorial for you. Maybe it’s behaving in a strange manner, or you just need to start over from factory settings to give it to someone else to use.
When you reset Android on your Samsung Galaxy S7, you’re making it return to it’s out of the box state, so if you forgot your lock pin, pattern or password, this is the way to go.
We will explain two methods to achieve this, depending on the state of your Samsung Galaxy S7.
Before starting with any of these two methods, make sure your battery is fully charged, to avoid any surprise shut downs. It is also a good idea to do a backup if you have access to yourSamsung Galaxy S7’s operative system.
So, let’s get to it!
Like we stated before, in this tutorial we will explain two methods on how to reset Android on a Samsung Galaxy S7. You will use the first one if you can access your Android OS, and simply want to return your phone to factory settings. The second one is used when you have lost access to your device for some reason.
How to reset android on Samsung Galaxy S7, through the Settings Menu
To reset Android using this method you have to be able to access the Settings on your Samsung Galaxy S7.
After opening your settings, go to Backup & Reset, and then select the option Factory data reset
Tap the Reset Device button for the process to start, deleting everything from your phone, and then proceeding to shutting down the phone and restarting.
How to reset Android on Samsung Galaxy S7, using hardware buttons.
To hard reset android on your Samsung Galaxy S7 follow these easy steps:
- Completely power off your device
- Press the volume up, home and power buttons at the same time, and release them.
- You will see different messages for rebooting and updating and then a menu will show.
- Using the volume buttons navigate to the Wipe data /factory reset option and press the power button to confirm.
- Select Yes, stating that you are sure that you want to go through with the process, and confirm the process using the power button.
- After some processing, the menu will show up again, at which point using the volume buttons to navigate the options, you have to select the option Reset system now and press the power button to confirm.
Once your Samsung Galaxy S7 has rebooted, with either of the two methods, you will have reset Android on your device, having returned it to it’s factory settings, and leaving it as good as new waiting for configurations.
In the following tutorial we will show you two easy ways to reset Android in the Lenovo S660.
Few minutes will be enough to have a phone like new, even if you lost your pattern password.
If you still have access to the Android menu in the Lenovo S660
However, if your Android operating system has a lockout that prevents you from accessing your Lenovo S660, the second method is the only way to reset your Android phone.
Before you begin, please charge the battery of your Lenovo S660 up to 80%, so to avoid an interruption during the process that could damage your operating system.
First method to reset Android on your Lenovo S660
We will reset Android on your Lenovo S660 Android by using the provided tools inside the Settings menu. This is very fast and you will only need to access your device’s main screen to follow this steps:
- Go to the menu Settings then looking Applications
- Enter the Backup and Restore menu and go to factory data reset
- Now press “Reset phone” and follow the steps you suggest
It’s all in a few minutes must complete the reset process in your Lenovo S660
SECOND METHOD TO RESET THE LENOVO S660 ANDROID
You will reset Android through a hidden menu inside your Lenovo S660. Follow the instructions give below where you will activate a recovery menu by performing a combination of buttons on your mobile phone.
- Turn off your Lenovo S660 completely
- Press the VOLUME UP and POWER buttons
- If done correctly you will enter a menu (recovery): Release both buttons.
- With the VOLUME DOWN button navigate into “Wipe data / Factory reset“
- Confirm your choice with the POWER button
- Select and confirm “Yes – Delete all user data” option
- Once the process is complete you will return to the first menu
- Select “Reboot System Now” option to reboot your Lenovo S660.
Usually, with these steps you should successfully reset Android on your Lenovo S660.
This tutorial will teach you how to reset Android on Samsung Galaxy Tab first edition with two different ways.
By resetting Android on your Samsung Galaxy Tab you will return it into factory default state.
Our first reset Android method may be used to restore settings if you have a working Galaxy Tab. It is the easiest method, but demands access to Android’s settings menu.
If your Samsung Galaxy Tab is not responding due to a forgotten pattern locking password, the second method will reset Android on your Samsung Galaxy Tab from a hidden recovery menu.
This will allow you to reset Android on your Samsung Galaxy Android Tab from Android’s Settings menu:
- Open the settings menu , then go to the Privacy section ( or backup and restore if you have a more updated system)
- tap into Reset Factory Data Reset tablet and then
- Finally you can check the “Format removable card ” option if available, this will also erase your data on the external microSD Card.
- Tap into Erase everything and wait for the process to complete
- After a few minutes you will have a whole new Samsung Galaxy Tab!
RESET ANDROID ON SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB THROUGH buttons
This second method will manage to reset Android on your Samsung Galaxy Tab by pressing a sequence of buttons, without acessing Android OS:
- Turn off the Samsung Galaxy Tab and wait 10 seconds to continue
- Press the volume up button and also press and hold the off button
- When you see the Samsung logo release the power button
- If you see a recovery menu release the volume up button
- Now use the volume down button to go to “Wipe data / Factory reset” , confirm with the off button
- Do the same with the ” Yes – Delete all user data” and wait until the process completes correctly
- If you go back to the recovery menu press the power button to confirm your choice and wait
- When you restart your tablet just enter the initial settings and have new software like
If you have not managed to reset Android on Samsung Galaxy Tab with the two ways that we show here, we can help you in the comments section.