In this tutorial we will show you how to reset Android on the Samsung Galaxy Fresh, a device that runs Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
There are two ways to hard reset Android on a Samsung Galaxy Fresh device. Which ever you decide to use will leave your mobile in the same state as it was out of the box, giving it a fresh start.
The method you will use to reset Android will depend on if you have access to the applications Menu of the Samsung Galaxy Fresh or not. To use the first set of instructions we’ll provide the hard reset will be applied using options available in the Applications Menu, you will therefor need access to your mobile. If you don’t have access to your mobile, maybe because you forgot the lock pattern, you will need to use the second set of instructions.
Before starting with any of the two methods be sure that your battery is charged at least in 80%, to avoid any sudden powering off. It is also recommended that you do a backup of your data, if you have access to your Samsung Galaxy Fresh OS.
Reset Android on Samsung Galaxy Fresh, using software
To reset Android using software is really simple. You just have to access the following menu optons on your Samsung Galaxy Fresh:
- Menu -> Settings -> User and Backup -> Factory Data Reset
- Click on Reset Phone and then Erase everything
Reset Android on Samsung Galaxy Fresh, using hardware buttons
- Turn off your device
- With the Samsung Galaxy Fresh being turned off, press the Volume Up , Home and Power button at the same time.
- When a menu appears on the screeen, choose the option Wipe data / factory reset by moving up and down with the Volume buttons, and selecting with the Power button.
- Confirm the operation by pressing the Power button.
- Select Reboot
You have now reset Android on your Samsung Galaxy Fresh, and will have a phone in the same state as if out of the box.
This tutorial will serve as a guide to help you reset Android on a Pantech Vega No 6 device.
If you have reached this post, you’ll probably need to apply a hard reset on your Pantech device to return it to it’s out of the box state and settings.
The reason for doing this can be that you have forgot the lock pattern on your Pantech Vega No 6 or maybe you are handing over the mobile phone to another person and don’t want them to have access to your personal data.
Whatever the reason to reset Android, we will explain both methods available. You will choose the method to use depending on if you have access to the applications menu of your device or not.
Before you start, make sure that the battery of your Pantech Vega No 6 is at least 80% charged, to avoid any unexpected and unwanted powering off during the process.
Reset Android on Pantech Vega No 6 using software
To use this method to reset Android you need to be able to use your Pantech Vega No 6 device. That is, you need to have access to the operative system, and therefore the applications menu and settings
You would use this method if, for instance, you want to sell or give away your phone to someone else, and need it to be in the same state it was out of the box.
To go through with these procedure, follow these steps:
- Go to the Pantech Vega No 6’s Applications menu.
- Choose Settings and then click on Privacy.
- Click on the option Factory Data Reset and then Reset Phone.
- Confirm you decision by selecting Erase everything.
Your Pantech Vega No 6 will restart, and when it returns it will be back to its factory settings.
Reset Android on Pantech Vega No 6 using hardware buttons.
You will use this method if you have lost access to your Pantech Vega No 6, for whatever reason, and need to reset Android to be able to use it again. The reasons can be that you forgot your lock pattern, or there have been some issues with the OS that will not let you access the applications menu.
Follow these steps to go through with the procedure:
- Make sure your Pantech Vega No 6 is turned off
- Press the Volume Down button and the Power button at the same time and keep them pressed until the Android logo shows up on the screen.
- Press the button on the bottom left of the screen for the recovery menu to show.
- Move to the Wipe data / Factory reset option and select it.
- Press the Home key to confirm the selected option.
- Using the same set of keystrokes select the option “Yes – Delete all user data”, and return to the main menu.
- Press the Home button again to reset the device
And with these steps you’re done! You have reset Android on your Pantech Vega No 6 and it should be as good as new out of the factory, ready for whatever use you want to give it
In this tutorial we will explain the two oficial techniques to reset Android on your HTC Droid DNA.
HTC Droid DNA is a device that came out to the market about two years ago, and runs Android 4.1 Jellybean. The two methods available to reset Android to factory settings are the usual ones: From the settings menu or using the hardware buttons. This last method is used if you don’t have access to your phone, maybe because you forgot your lock pattern, or for another reason.
Before going ahead with any of the two methods, please remember that when you reset Android to factory settings on any device, you will loose any installed applications as well as your personal data, including messages, contacts, email, events created in the calendar, etc.. If you select “Erase all data” you will also loose your music, photos, videos and documents. We advice that you do a backup of your HTC Droid DNA before proceeding.
Reset Android on HTC Droid DNA using software
To reset Android using the applications menu of your HTC Droid DNA device follow these steps:
- Make sure that your cellphones battery is charged at least up to 80%.
- From the applications menu, go to “Settings” and then click on “Backup & Reset“.
- Click on “Reset Phone”
- If you want to delete all you personal files, for example if you will give your phone for someone else to use, select the “Erase all data” option.
- Click “OK“
Factory reset Android on HTC Droid DNA using Hardware buttons
You will use this method to hard reset Android if you can’t access the settings menu on your HTC Droid DNA device.
- As with the first method first of all make sure that your cellphone battery is charged at least up to 80%.
- Press the Volume down button and hold it down, while also pressing and holding down the power button.
- An image with the three Androids will appear on the screen. When it does, release both buttons.
- You will need to press the Volume Down button to select “Factory reset“.
- Press the Power button.
You have successfully reset android on your HTC Droid DNA device!