As usual with any hard reset, all your data will be erased from your LG Optimus S. This might come handy if your are planning to sell your trusty LG phone, or eventually if you are experiencing glitches or slowdowns or even freeze ups on your Android OS. You will effectively revert your LG Optimus S into factory default state, not only eliminating all your contacts, messages, apps and games, but also regaining all your storage space and get Android responsiveness at full speed back again.
If you still got access into your LG Optimus S android OS, then you can invoke the hard reset function from the “SETTINGS” menu, inside the “PRIVACY” option, where you will be able to start the “FACTORY DATA RESET” routine which will accomplish what you want without any further hassle. But maybe your phone’s clogged – malfunctioning state is such that you don’t have access to it’s Android menues. If such is your case, then you can try the following methods:
Hard Reset LG Optimus S
This is the ultimate method to perform a hard reset on your LG Optimus S:
- Turn your phone off (if the phone is freezed on, then remove it’s battery, wait a couple of seconds and put it back).
- Press and hold the “VOLUME DOWN” + “HOME” + ” POWER” buttons. When power turns on, you may release these buttons.
- You need to enter your PIN / unlock pattern or gmail password
- Follow onscreen instructions
Alternative solution to hard reset your LG Optimus S
You may download and use the “LG MOBLE SUPPORT TOOL” for LG Optimus S (downloadable from LG’s Website), install it, and choose the “Recovery Phone” option from the Customer Support menu.
As usual, you can perform a factory default reset (also known as hard reset) on your LG Optimus V by using the appropriate option inside your Android settings menu. This might prove easy and simple provided that your LG Optimus V is still in normal working condition and you have access to it (i.e. you didn´t loose your password, and your LG Optimus V phone is working ok).
- On your Home Screen, get into the Settings Menu
- Select PRIVACY option
- Inside PRIVACY option choose the FACTORY DATA RESET
- Read and confirm each data are that will be deleted.
- Press over RESET PHONE
Hard Reset LG Optimus V without access to Android
This second scenario is assuming that you cannot access your Android OS thus you cannot follow the above procedure. In order to start these steps, you need to have your LG Optimus V powered off. If your phone is turned on but freezed and you cannot power it off, please take off the phone’s battery, wait for some seconds and place it back again.
- Press and hold the “DOWN VOLUME” + “HOME” + “POWER” keys for at least 5 seconds
- When the power turns on, relese those keys
- Follow the onscreen instructions to reset your LG Optimus V