In this tutorial you will learn two easy and quick ways to reset Android on your OnePlus One.
Going through this procedure you will make the Android operative system of your phone return to it’s out of the box configuration, just like it was when you first got it.
There are two methods to reset Android on the OnePlus One, choose the one that applies better to the current state of your device.
The first one is done through the applications menu, so you will need to be able to access the Android OS to use this method. It’s a good method to use if you want to give the OnePlus One for someone else to use, or just want to give it a fresh start.
If you have a lock pattern set on your device, or for some other reason you can’t have access to the applications menu, you will have to use the second method, which involves pressing a combination of hardware buttons.
Reset Android on OnePlus One through the applications menu
To reset Android on your OnePlus One, go to the applications menu and go through the following steps
- Go to Settings and then Backup and Reset
- Select Factory data reset
- Read all the warnings and press Reset Phone
- Select Erase everything and confirm the process.
In a few minutes your device will restart with it’s factory settings.
Reset Android on OnePlus One using hardware buttons
To reset Android you have to turn off your OnePlus One completely and follow these steps:
- Keep the Volume Down button pressed at the same time as the Power button
- Let go of the buttons when the device vibrates and a menu will show up on the screen.
- Use the volume buttons to navigate through the options until you reach Wipe data/Factory reset and use the Power button to confirm the option.
- If you want to delete all the data, select Wipe media
Once the process has finished, keep the power button pressed for several seconds, to reset your OnePlus One
You have now managed to reset android on your OnePlus One!