As usual with Android devices, your Motorola Quench can be hard reset using an included option inside your settings menu. If such procedure is unavailable in your Motorola Quench phone, then you may try a different approach: The hardware, proprietary based hard resetting method.
Let’s start with the simpler method, follow these steps within your Android OS interfase in your Motorola Quench phone, provided that you got access to your Android desktop screen and your phone is somewhat responsive to your command:
- From your Android Destkop screen, choose the SETTINGS menu.
- Scroll down into SD CARD AND STORAGE option and tap into it.
- Once in there, choose the FACTORY DATA RESET option
- Confirm your action by pressing over RESET PHONE.
These steps are highlighted on Motorola’s Quench official website, and they may suffice for you, but if you cannot fulfill them, then you may try the alternative hard resetting method for your Motorola Quench:
Hard Reset Android on your Unresponsive Motorola Quench
It may happen that your Motorola Quench is far too gone for you to be able to follow the earlier steps. You may try to hard reset Android on your phone by following these alternative steps:
- Start with your phone turned off
- Press and hold the CAMERA and POWER buttons together
- Depress the Camera button when your Motorola Quench prompts you to do so
- Press your VOLUME DOWN button to open the RECOVERY screen
- On the recovery screen press into the exclamation mark into the lower right of your screen
- Press into FACTORY RESET and confirm your selection.
Your Motorola Quench will hard reset itself. When finished it will ask you to reboot. press OK.
You have two ways of performing a hard reset on your Motorola Droid Razr (or Razr Maxx). The first wayis quite easy, as it is done from Android OS itself, so you only need to select the correct option from the phone’s settings menu and it’s done. The second way of performing a hard reset on your Motorola Droid Razr is a bit more complicated but bulletproof. It’s fulfilled by invoking the hard reset mechanism on a lower, basic level, pressing certain buttons while turning it on, in certain sequence. Both methods of hard reset will end up with your Motorola Droid Razr (or Razr Maxx) in a factory default state, just as if you just bought it. Consider before going any further that this includes deleting all your information, including contacts, messages, apps and games.
Motorola Droid Razr, the easy hard reset
Provided that your Droid is turning on and working just fine, then you need to follow these steps:
- Go to your android home screen and select the Apps icon usually located on the lower right portion of your phone’s screen.
- From your Apps panel, select “Settings” icon
- Once the settings menu pops up, chooese the “Privacy” option.
- On the “Privacy” screen, choose “Factory Data Reset”
Your Motorola Droid Razr may ask you your phone’s Password, or to draw the unlock pattern as a confirmation, and then it will proceed to reset itself. Allow it a couple of minutes to fulfill the task.
Hard reset your Motorola Droid Razr, the bulletproof way
This may be the only hard reset method that you got if your phone is too slugish to respond or your Droid Razr Maxx just freezes up when loading Android. Please follow these steps:
- Start with your phone in power off state. If it is freezed up and won’t turn off, take off its battery, wait for some seconds and place it back.
- Press and hold the Volume UP and Volume DOWN buttons and then press the Power Button.
- A menu will pop up asking you to select the Boot mode.
- Release all the buttons
- Press the Volume DOWN to scroll down in the recovery menu and select RECOVERY option by pressing Volume UP over it.
- Simultaneously press Volume UP and Volume DOWN buttons
- Select Wipe Data / Factory Reset and press the POWER button (note: Deleting all your data will take some time).
- Select Reboot System and press the POWER button to restart your Motorola Droid Razr.
As you can see, when using the internal recovery menues, your volume DOWN button will allow you to navigate through its options. When finished you will end up with a clean, ready to use, Motorola Droid Razr / Droid Razr Maxx phone.