In this tutorial we will show you two ways to reset Android on the Motorola Moto G Dual SIM. Which procedure you use will depend on the current state of your device.
If you have access to the Applications Menu of your Motorola Moto G Dual SIM, you can use the first method. You would use this method if your device works ok, but you noticed that it’s lagging, or you simply want to give it a fresh start, returning it to it’s factory settings.
You will use the second method if your Motorola Moto G Dual SIM has stopped responding, or you have lost or forgotten the lock pattern
Remember that when you reset Android you loose all your personal data, including contacts, messages, and any applications you may have installed, so, if possible, do a backup of all your data before starting with any of the procedures.
Also make sure the battery of your Motorola Moto G Dual SIM is charged to at least 80%, to avoid any unwanted shut-downs mid-process.
Reset Android on Motorola Moto G Dual SIM via the Applications Menu
You will use this method to reset Android if you have access to the Applications menu of your Motorola Moto G Dual SIM device. To go through with the procedure, just follow these steps:
- Go to the Applications Menu
- Enter Settings
- Go to Backup & Reset
- Tap on Reset Phone
- If you want to delete all personal data, press Erase all data
- Read all notices and confirm
In a few minutes your Motorola Moto G Dual SIM will restart, as good as out of the box.
Reset Android on Motorola Moto G Dual SIM using hardware buttons.
This method to reset Android will be used if you have lost access to the Motorola Moto G Dual SIM’s OS, for whatever reason, for example if you forgot the Lock Pattern.
- Completely turn off your device.
- Press the Volume Down button and the Volume Up button together and then, without letting go of the volume buttons, press the Power button
- Let go of all buttons and a menu will show.
- Using the Volume Down button, navigate to the option Recovery, and press the Volume Up button to confirm the option.
- You will see the Android logo, and at this time hold the Volume Up button a few seconds, and without letting go of the Volume Up button, click and let go of the Power button.
- navigate to the Wipe data/Factory reset option, and press the Power button to select this option.
- Tap on Yes – delete all user data, if that’s what you want to do, and confirm using the power button.
Sidenote: On some devices this is not enough to do a reset Android. If this is your case, select Apply update from ADB, and then you’ll see the option Yes – delete all user data
You’re done! You should now have reset Android and your Motorola Moto G Dual SIM should be back to it’s factory settings, ready for new settings.