In this tutorial we will explain how you can reset Android on your LG G2 quickly and from the comfort of your own home.
There are two ways to reset Android on your LG G2 device.
The first method consists of using Androids Application Menu, while the second method assumes you don’t have access to the menu, and therefor you need to access the factory reset menu instead.
The second method is recommended and needed if you have forgotten your pattern lock or your LG G2 device is locked or blocked for any other reason.
Before beginning to execute any of the two methods, remember that when you reset android on your device it returns to it’s out-of-the-box state, meaning that you will loose all your personal information and applications installed on the device. It’s advisable to do a backup of all your data, before continuing.
Also, make sure that you’re battery is at least 50% charged.
Reset android on a LG G2 mobile phone using software
If you can actually use your LG G2, but want to wipe it out for whatever reason, this is the method to use to reset android. Follow the next steps:
- Access the Android Application Menu and go to “Settings“.
- Go to “General” and then “backup and factory reset”.
- Select the “Factory Reset” option
- Press agree and the hard reset operation will commence on it’s own.
When your LG G2 device restarts it will in it’s original state, just as out of the factory.
How to factory reset Android on LG G2 using hardware
You will use this method to reset Android if you are not able to use your LG G2, and thus can not access the application menu.
To execute this method, follow these steps:
- Turn off your phone by pressing the power button and wait until your LG G2 shuts down completely
- Press the Volume Down button and the Power button at the same time. The LG logo will appear on the screen of your LG G2
- When you see the logo on the screen, let go of the power button, but keep pressing the volume down button and then press the power button once again.
- On the screen the LG G2 factory reset menu will show up
- To agree to go through with the factory reset, press the power button of your device.
Once your LG G2 reboots it will be as good as new.
Whichever method you have decided to apply to reset Android on your LG G2, you should now have a clean phone, like out of the box, to enjoy.
We can reset Android in two different ways on the LG Nitro HD, an Android mobile phone at first exclusive to AT&T but later released for everyone.
Before jumping into the reset Android methods, you need to know which one to choose:
If for some reason you can not remember the lock pattern
If you still have full access into the applications menu on your LG Nitro HD, then you can use the first method in order to successfully reset Android.
Both methods will return your LG Nitro HD into it’s original factory state, eliminating all your personal data, apps, messages and contacts. This is ideal if you want to give it away or sell it.
Before continuin, please verify that your LG Nitro HD is charged up to at least 50%, in order to avoid blackouts in the middle of the reset Android process.
First method to reset ANDROID ON the LG Nitro HD
To reset Android on the LG Nitro HD through the applications menu you only need to follow these steps:
- Enter the settings area from the applications menu
- Then press in the Privacy section
- Within this area tap Factory data reset
- Finally you must press Clear All
SECOND METHOD TO RESET THE ANDROID LG NITRO HD
In this second method, we will manage to reset Android on the LG Nitro HD, by entering the recovery menu:
- Turn off the phone and wait 10 seconds to take the next step
- While holding the VOLUME DOWN button, also press and hold the POWER button
- When your LG Nitro HD starts to vibrate, release both buttons and wait
- If all goes well you’ll see an alternative menu
- Use the VOLUME buttons to move
- Position yourself on “Wipe data / Factory reset” and press the POWER button to continue
- On the next screen select and confirm “Yes – Delete all user data” option
The reset Android process will start and after a few seconds you will land again in the alternative menu: You just press the power button to restart your LG Nitro HD, you’re done.
In this tutorial we will teach you to reset Android on the LG Optimus ME, a phone LG which is outdated and right now standing at the low-end market, but it still has many users given its low price .
In order to reset Android and restore the factory settings on the LG Optimus ME you can use one of the two traditional methods: Either reset Android from the menu or do a combination of buttons.
If you have completely lost access into the Android operating system, because the LG Optimus ME keeps throwing errors at you or you entered a pattern lock you do not remember, then you can only perform the second method, by using Android reset button sequence.
First method to reset Android ON YOUR LG Optimus ME
In this method you will use the application menu inside your LG Optimus ME to reset Android operating system, therefore your Android phone needs to be in working order. Follow these steps:
- Enter the application menu and tap Settings
- Navigate to privacy and tap factory data reset
- From this screen press reset phone
- Finally , press Delete all and wait for the computer restart mode first use
On the last screen you can format the SD card, if you decide to do all the data in it will be deleted , be careful if you enable this option.
SECOND METHOD TO RESET Android on your LG OPTIMUS ME
You will use a combination of buttons in order to activate the phone’s reset Android procedure and thus -hopefully- regain access into your LG Optimus ME.
Use the following steps:
Turn off the phone by taking the battery off and reinserting it after waiting 10 seconds.
Press the green key to making calls, the red End Call button next to the Volume Down key and wait for the screen to flicker
Release all buttons, the process has already started and you just have to wait for your LG Optimus ME to restart.