In this tutorial we will explain how you can reset Android on your Huawei Nexus 6P. Even if it’s a very modern smartphone, and one on the list of top phones to have of 2016, it can still act erratically from time to time, or maybe you just want to wipe it clean, to give it to someone else.
Whatever the case may be, we will explain in full detail the steps that will help you return your device to it’s factory settings.
There are two methods to achieve this, depending on the state of your Huawei Nexus 6P.
If you have access to your mobile’s settings menu, you will use the first method explained.
If, however, you have lost access to your phones OS, for example if you forgot the lock pin, you will have to reset Android by pressing a combination of hardware buttons in a certain order.
We will explain both methods in full detail, but before you start make sure they battery of your Huawei Nexus 6P is charged to at least 70%, to avoid any unwanted shutdowns.
You should also think about doing a backup of your data before proceeding, if you are able to do so.
Reset Android on Huawei Nexus 6P through Settings
To reset Android using this method, you need to have access to your Huawei Nexus 6P’s Android operative system. Follow these steps and you’ll be done in no time:
- Go to Settings from the Applications Menu on your device
- Select the option Backup and Reset
- Click on the Factory Data Reset option
- Your Huawei Nexus 6P will start the process of rebooting Android. Please, wait until it reboots, and when it finishes, your Android OS on your phone will be in the same state as it was out of the box
Reset Android on Huawei Nexus 6P using hardware buttons.
This method involves pressing a series of hardware buttons in a certain order. Follow these steps to reset Android on your Huawei Nexus 6P:
- Completely turn off your device.
- Press the Volume Down and the Power button at the same time, until the recovery menu shows up on the screen.
- Using the volume buttons to navigate through the options, select the wipe data/factory reset option, and press the power button to confirm the selection.
- Select the option “Yes, delete all user data” to confirm that you want to go through the reset Android process, and press the power button to confirm the selection.
- Your device will now start the process of reseting Android. Please wait until it restarts, and it will have returned to it’s factory settings.
You have now completed the steps to reset Android on your Huawei Nexus 6P, but if you have any questions don’t hesitate to leave a comment.
If you are the owner of a Huawei Ascend Mate 7, and you need to reset Android to return it to it’s factory settings, this is the tutorial that will help you.
Before you start executing the steps explained in the tutorial, please makes sure the battery of your Huawei Ascend Mate 7 is fully charged. This will prevent any unwanted shutdowns in the middle of the process.
As with all Android
Reset Android on the Huawei Ascend Mate 7, through the Applications Menu
If you have access to the Huawei Ascend Mate 7’s Android OS, this is the method you will use to reset Android, and return it to it’s out of the box state. Follow the instructions and you’ll be done in no time:
- Go to Settings
- Select the option Backup & Reset
- Tap on Factory Data Reset
- Select the option Erase Everything
- Confirm your selection and the process will start automatically.
Reset Android on the Huawei Ascend Mate 7, using hardware buttons.
Before you commence the process to reset Android, please make sure your Huawei Ascend Mate 7 is completely turned off. Next, follow these very simple instructions, and your device will return to it’s factory settings:
- Press the Volume Down and Power buttons at the same time. When you see the Recovery Menu show up on the screen, let go of both buttons.
- Use the volume buttons to navigate the menu until you reach the option “Wipe data/Factory reset”, confirm using the Power button.
- Select the option “Yes – Delete all user data”, and confirm the selection, and you will return to the main menu.
- Tap on the option “Reboot system now” to reset your phone, and wait for the welcome screen to show up, meaning you have successfully reset Android your device.
If you had any issues being able to reset Android on your Huawei Ascend Mate 7, or you’re happy with the tutorial, please leave a comment and let us know!
In this tutorial you will learn two very simple methods to reset Android on Huawei P8.
It will return to it’s out of the box state, leaving you with the feeling of having a completely a new Huawei P8.
Before we start make sure the battery of your device is charged to at least 80%, to avoid any unwanted shutdowns.
If you have access to your Huawei P8, it’s also a good idea to do a backup of all your data, if it’s to any interest to you and you don’t want to loose it.
Next you need to decide which of the two methods better applies to your scenario.
If you have access to the Android OS of your Huawei P8, you can use the method that involves using software options. If on the other hand you forgot your lock pattern, for example, or you need to completely reset your phone, you will use the method that involves pressing a combination of hardware buttons.
Reset Android on Huawei P8 using software
To reset Android on your Huawei P8 selection some options that are part of the Android OS, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings
- Tap on Backup & Reset
- Select Factory data reset
- Select Reset Phone
The process to reset Android will start automatically. Once it’s finished the device will restart having returned to it’s out of the box state.
Reset Android on Huawei P8 using hardware buttons
You will use this method to reset Android if your have lost access to your Huawei P8’s OS.
- Make sure your device is completely turned off.
- Press the Volume Up and Power button at the same time. When you see the Huawei and Android logo on the screen, let go of the Power button
- Using the Volume buttons to navigate through the options, select “Wipe data / factory reset” and confirm your selection using the Power button.
- The Huawei P8 will ask you again if you really want to wipe out all your data. Select the “Wipe data/factory reset” button to confirm and the process will start automatically. Wait until your device restarts, and it will back to factory settings, waiting for the new configuration.
You have now successfully reset Android, and hold in your hands a clean Huawei P8, ready for new life!