In this tutorial we will explain how you can reset Android on your Huawei Nexus 6P. Even if it’s a very modern smartphone, and one on the list of top phones to have of 2016, it can still act erratically from time to time, or maybe you just want to wipe it clean, to give it to someone else.
Whatever the case may be, we will explain in full detail the steps that will help you return your device to it’s factory settings.
There are two methods to achieve this, depending on the state of your Huawei Nexus 6P.
If you have access to your mobile’s settings menu, you will use the first method explained.
If, however, you have lost access to your phones OS, for example if you forgot the lock pin, you will have to reset Android by pressing a combination of hardware buttons in a certain order.
We will explain both methods in full detail, but before you start make sure they battery of your Huawei Nexus 6P is charged to at least 70%, to avoid any unwanted shutdowns.
You should also think about doing a backup of your data before proceeding, if you are able to do so.
Reset Android on Huawei Nexus 6P through Settings
To reset Android using this method, you need to have access to your Huawei Nexus 6P’s Android operative system. Follow these steps and you’ll be done in no time:
- Go to Settings from the Applications Menu on your device
- Select the option Backup and Reset
- Click on the Factory Data Reset option
- Your Huawei Nexus 6P will start the process of rebooting Android. Please, wait until it reboots, and when it finishes, your Android OS on your phone will be in the same state as it was out of the box
Reset Android on Huawei Nexus 6P using hardware buttons.
This method involves pressing a series of hardware buttons in a certain order. Follow these steps to reset Android on your Huawei Nexus 6P:
- Completely turn off your device.
- Press the Volume Down and the Power button at the same time, until the recovery menu shows up on the screen.
- Using the volume buttons to navigate through the options, select the wipe data/factory reset option, and press the power button to confirm the selection.
- Select the option “Yes, delete all user data” to confirm that you want to go through the reset Android process, and press the power button to confirm the selection.
- Your device will now start the process of reseting Android. Please wait until it restarts, and it will have returned to it’s factory settings.
You have now completed the steps to reset Android on your Huawei Nexus 6P, but if you have any questions don’t hesitate to leave a comment.