If you are the owner of a Huawei Ascend Mate 7, and you need to reset Android to return it to it’s factory settings, this is the tutorial that will help you.
Before you start executing the steps explained in the tutorial, please makes sure the battery of your Huawei Ascend Mate 7 is fully charged. This will prevent any unwanted shutdowns in the middle of the process.
As with all Android devices, there are two ways to reset Android on this Huawei. Which one you will use depends on if you have access to your device’s operative system
Reset Android on the Huawei Ascend Mate 7, through the Applications Menu
If you have access to the Huawei Ascend Mate 7’s Android OS, this is the method you will use to reset Android, and return it to it’s out of the box state. Follow the instructions and you’ll be done in no time:
- Go to Settings
- Select the option Backup & Reset
- Tap on Factory Data Reset
- Select the option Erase Everything
- Confirm your selection and the process will start automatically.
Reset Android on the Huawei Ascend Mate 7, using hardware buttons.
Before you commence the process to reset Android, please make sure your Huawei Ascend Mate 7 is completely turned off. Next, follow these very simple instructions, and your device will return to it’s factory settings:
- Press the Volume Down and Power buttons at the same time. When you see the Recovery Menu show up on the screen, let go of both buttons.
- Use the volume buttons to navigate the menu until you reach the option “Wipe data/Factory reset”, confirm using the Power button.
- Select the option “Yes – Delete all user data”, and confirm the selection, and you will return to the main menu.
- Tap on the option “Reboot system now” to reset your phone, and wait for the welcome screen to show up, meaning you have successfully reset Android your device.
If you had any issues being able to reset Android on your Huawei Ascend Mate 7, or you’re happy with the tutorial, please leave a comment and let us know!