Maybe you want to sell or give away your LG Optimus 2x but you don’t want all your personal data, installed apps and games, contacts, etc. to go with it. Or maybe your phone is acting too sluggish or -worse yet- it has just freezed on you and you want to factory reset it to get a fresh restart. Whatever are your needs, you may hard reset Android
You can perform a hard reset right from inside Android OS. This approach can be seen as an easy -hassle free- way of doing it, with the only caveat that you need access to the phone’s settings menu, which means your LG Optimus 2X needs to be in working condition:
- From your Home screen, tap the “MENU” button
- Select “SETTINGS”
- Select “PRIVACY” from the settings menu
- Select “RESET PHONE” from the Privacy screen that appears.
- If required, enter your password as confirmation
This easy menu driven way of hard resetting your LG Optimus 2X may not work if your phone is acting erratically, slugish or is even in a freezed state. If such is the case, you may try the following method:
Hard Reset your LG Optimus 2X the bulletproof way
- Start with your LG Optimus 2X Powered off. If it is powered on but in freezed or too slugish condition to perform a correct power off, then pull out its battery, wait a couple of seconds and reinsert it.
- Hold the “HOME” and “VOLUME DOWN” buttons pressed at the same time
- Press and hold the “POWER” button until your phone starts up
- Follow the on-screen instructions to do a hard reset on your LG Optimus 2X