In order to get your Sony Xperia X10 reverted into its Factory default state, you can follow two different paths, explained below. Both ways of resetting Android on your Sony Xperia X10 will wipe away all your data including messages, contacts, installed games and apps, etc. This procedure may prove necessary if you are planning on selling or giving away your Sony Xperia X10. On the other hand, maybe you are stuck with a sluggish phone, after over-installing apps and games on it. Or even your phone has freezed on you and refuses to get in working condition.
Hard reset your Sony Xperia X10 from Android itself
You can perform a hard reset from your Android OS, provided that your Sony Xperia X10 is in working condition. You can follow these steps:
- Tap on the menu button in your main home screen
- Select SETTINGS: A menu will appear.
- Scroll down into “SD Card & Phone Storage” option and select it.
- If you do not find such option, please search for a “Privacy” option instead, and select it.
- Now select “Factory Data Reset” proceed to reset your Sony Xperia X10.
- It may ask your login password and you may need to tap into “Erase Everything” as a confirmation.
Hard reset your Sony Xperia X10 even when unresponsive
- Turn off your phone. If Android is in freezed state or just does not respond in a timely fashion, you can pull off your Sony Xperia X10 battery, wait some seconds and place it back into your phone.
- Press and hold the “LEFT” and “RIGHT” buttons (they are located below the display).
- While pressing those buttons, press and release the POWER button
- A service menu will appear: Follow onscreen instructions to hard reset your Sony Xperia X10
Soft reset your Sony Xperia X10
In the event that your phone is freezing or acting extremely sluggish on you, you may consider a soft reset before performing something as drastic as a Hard reset. The procedure is simple enough: You just pull off Sony Xperia X10 battery, wait a couple of seconds, and place it back into the phone. Chances are that your Sony Xperia X10 will power up and work just fine after this forceful reset, with the added plus that you will keep all your data.
There are two ways of performing a hard reset on your HTC Desire. Both accomplish the same: Erasing all your data, including messages, contact list, installed applications and games. A hard reset will revert your HTC Desire into a factory default state
Hard Reset your HTC Desire, the easy way
If you still have access to your Android OS, you may hard reset it from there. There are different steps for each different Android OS version:
Android OS 2.2: From the HOME Screen of your HTC Desire, navigate into the “Settings” menu. Select “SD & Phone Storage”. From that submenu select “Factory Data Reset”.
Android OS 2.1: From your HOME screen get into your “Settings” menu, Select “Privacy”, and from there choose “Factory Data Reset”.
Hard Reset your HTC Desire, the not so easy way
This hard reset method is specially useful if your phone is sluggish, freezed or working but in any unreliable way:
- First you need to power off your HTC Desire. If it is freezed into the ON position, just take off it’s battery, wait a couple of seconds and replace it back into the phone.
- Now you hold the “VOLUME -” key, and while holding it press the power button and hold it too until you see three skating Androids at the bottom of your screen.
- A menu will appear, you can navigate thru it with the volume buttons: Select “Bootloader”
- From Bootloader submenu, select “Clear Storage”
- Follow the onscreen instructions for a factory reset
After some seconds you will get your HTC Desire wiped out from all your personal data and ready to start a new life.
Time has come to hard reset your LG Optimus 3D phone. Maybe you are selling it, or just giving away. It may even got stuck or freezed. Whatever reason you got to perform a hard reset, we present you with two ways of doing it:
Reset LG Optimus 3D From Android
This may be seen as the easy, convenient way: The only eventual caveat is that you need to have your Android OS up and running on your Optimus 3D , as the procedure involves using certain options inside the settings menu:
- From your home screen, press the menu icon (on the bottom, the icon most to the left).
- Tap on Settings
- Search and Tap on Privacy, inside the Settings Menu
- Tap on Reset Phone
- Confirm the Hard reset Process
The no so easy way of hard reset Android on LG Optimus 3D
This alternative method is more forceful and may be the only method available if your LG Optimus 3D is in frozen state:
- Power your phone off (if it is Frozen, just pull of the battery, wait some seconds and reinsert it)
- Hold the HOME and Volume Down buttons.
- Press and hold the power button until the device turns on
- An on-screen menu will appear: Follow the instructions in there to reset your LG Optimus 3D
Please remember that a Hard Reset will erase everything inside your phone including your personal data, messages, contacts, installed apps, games, etc. Your LG Optimus 3D will revert to factory default state after performing any of these hard reset procedures.