If your HTC One X Plus has started to present erratic behaviour, maybe it’s time to reset Android on it, and return it to it’s factory settings.
When you reset Android you will delete your Google account on the phone, all accounts you have added to your sync settings, the apps you have installed, the personal data you have created, like calendar, contacts, etc., on your phone, and all system and app settings.
In this tutorial we will explain two ways of reseting Android. You can use one of the methods if, for example, you have forgotten your active lock pattern.
Before starting to reset Android on your HTC One X Plus, please make sure the battery of your device is fully charged. This will avoid any unwanted shut downs mid-process.
If you still have access to your HTC One X Plus’s applications menu, the first method is the one you need. If you have forgotten your lock pattern, you will need to use the second method.
Reset Android on HTC One X Plus through OS settings
To reset Android, access the Applications menu on your HTC One X Plus and then select the option Backup & reset. Then press on Reset Phone, and decide if you want to erase all the data on your SD card, in which case you have to select Erase all data. Once you press OK, the process will start automatically.
Reset Android on HTC One X Plus, using hardware buttons
- To do a hard reset Android on your HTC One X Plus, follow these steps:
- Completely turn off your device.
- Press the Volume Down button and the Power button at the same time.
- Let go of both buttons when you see the an image on the screen representing three androids.
- On the menu that shows up, use the volume keys to move up and down and select Factory Reset. Press the Power button to confirm your selection.
- After confirming that you want to reset Android, your phone will automatically start the process and reset itself back to factory settings.
When your HTC One X Plus restarts it will be as it was when you first took it out of the box, ready for you to configure it just the way you want it. And just like that you have reset Android on your HTC One X Plus!
In this tutorial you will learn two very simple methods to reset Android on Huawei P8.
It will return to it’s out of the box state, leaving you with the feeling of having a completely a new Huawei P8.
Before we start make sure the battery of your device is charged to at least 80%, to avoid any unwanted shutdowns.
If you have access to your Huawei P8, it’s also a good idea to do a backup of all your data, if it’s to any interest to you and you don’t want to loose it.
Next you need to decide which of the two methods better applies to your scenario.
If you have access to the Android OS of your Huawei P8, you can use the method that involves using software options. If on the other hand you forgot your lock pattern, for example, or you need to completely reset your phone, you will use the method that involves pressing a combination of hardware buttons.
Reset Android on Huawei P8 using software
To reset Android on your Huawei P8 selection some options that are part of the Android OS, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings
- Tap on Backup & Reset
- Select Factory data reset
- Select Reset Phone
The process to reset Android will start automatically. Once it’s finished the device will restart having returned to it’s out of the box state.
Reset Android on Huawei P8 using hardware buttons
You will use this method to reset Android if your have lost access to your Huawei P8’s OS.
- Make sure your device is completely turned off.
- Press the Volume Up and Power button at the same time. When you see the Huawei and Android logo on the screen, let go of the Power button
- Using the Volume buttons to navigate through the options, select “Wipe data / factory reset” and confirm your selection using the Power button.
- The Huawei P8 will ask you again if you really want to wipe out all your data. Select the “Wipe data/factory reset” button to confirm and the process will start automatically. Wait until your device restarts, and it will back to factory settings, waiting for the new configuration.
You have now successfully reset Android, and hold in your hands a clean Huawei P8, ready for new life!
If you have a LG L Prime and you wish to reset Android on that device, this tutorial will help you.
We will explain in detail how to return your LG L Prime to it’s out of the box state, without the need to hire a technician.
There are two ways to reset Android. For the first one you will need to have access to your LG L Prime’s applications menu. The second method is ideal if you do not have access to your mobile, for example if you forgot your lock pattern.
Before going any further with, please make sure your battery is charged to at least 80% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns in the middle of the process.
Reset Android on LG L Prime using the applications menu
The first thing you need to do to reset Android on your LG L Prime, is go to the applications menu, and then follow these steps:
- Go to Settings
- Select Reset & Restore
- Select the option Factory data reset
- Press on Reset Device
- Select Erase Everything
The process will now start automatically. When your phone turns back on it will be as it was out of the box.
Hard reset Android on LG L Prime, using hardware buttons.
Please locate the volume and power buttons of your device. In the LG L Prime they are located at the back of the phone. You will need to press a sequence of these buttons in order to reset Android. Follow these steps:
- Completely turn off your LG L Prime device. To make sure it’s completely powered off you can remove the battery and reinsert it after 10 seconds.
- Once you’re sure the device is completely turned off, proceed to press the volumen down and power key buttons, and hold them until the screen shows the LG logo.
- Let go of the Power button and then immediately press it again.
- Using the volume keys to navigate the options, select YES and confirm with the Power button.
- If needed reconfirm your choice, and when the power button is pressed the LG L Prime will start the process automatically.
And we’re done! You have now successfully reset Android on your LG L Prime, but should you have any questions or doubts, please leave us a comment!