Although there is no official method to reset Android on the Asus Padfone Infinity 2, some clever users from the Android community has found two excellent alternative methods for carrying out this process and thus return this nice phone into its original factory default state.
If you still have access into the applications menu on your Asus Padfone Infinity 2, then the first reset Android method will serve you well,
However: if the Android operating system is somehow damaged and does not start, or your Asus Padfone Infinity 2 is blocked by the pattern lock password and you forgot it, then the second method will help you.
First way to reset ANDROID on the Asus Padfone Infinity 2
This is the easiest way to reset Android on your Asus Padfone Infinity 2. Before doing so, you may be interested in performing a backup of your personal data. We suggest you to use the G-Cloud application, available in the Google Play Store
Without further ado, follow these steps:
- Enter the menu and select Application Settings
- Tap Backup and Restore , then tap into Factory data reset
- Click on Reset phone and finally press Clear All
- At this point, your Asus Padfone Infinity 2 will ask you if you want to also format the microSD card. You may answer YES or NO.
Your Asus Padfone Infinity 2 will reboot several times, and after some times you will finally be greeted with the default settings screens, just as if your phone has been unboxed, fresh from the factory.
RESET ANDROID on ASUS Padfone INFINITY 2 through hidden recovery menu
Although this form of reset Android on the Asus Padfone Infinity 2 may seem more complicated, it is not. Please follow these steps in order to factory default your phone thru the hidden recovery menu:
- With the phone powered off press and hold VOLUME DOWN button and then briefly press the POWER button.
- if you do it right you will see an alternative menu. If not, please retry step 1.
- Move into the “Recovery Mode” option by using the VOLUME DOWN button
- When you enter the recovery menu, use the VOLUME buttons to scroll into the “Wipe data / Factory reset”, confirm with POWER button.
- Select ” Yes – Delete all user data” and confirm again
- Wait until the factory defaulting process ends and then select “Reboot System Now” option
- Wait for the device to restart properly.
Congratulations! You have just successfully reset Android on your Asus Padfone Infinity 2 !
The company Asus does not have a way to reset Android on their Asus Memo Pad 7, but anyway we got our way with the following tutorial.
Before you reset Android and return your Asus Memo Pad 7 into factory settings , you should know that this process will remove any files that you have installed or saved in its memory.
Therefore, if you still have functional access to the Asus Memo Pad 7, it is recommended that you make a backup of your files.
We recommend you to use the G Cloud application, a free download right from the Google Play Store.
Reset Android on Asus Memo Pad 7 from the menu
This way to reset Android on your Asus Memo Pad 7 is simple enough, but can only be applied if you still have access into the settings menu:
Enter the Settings> Backup and Restore menu > Factory data reset > Reset phone > Erase everything, wait a few minutes and the end result will be a factory defaulted tablet.
RESET ANDROID IN ASUS MEMO PAD 7 FROM PC
This reset Android process is a bit more complicated to apply on your Asus Memo Pad 7. However, it seems to be the only way to successfully factory reset this tablet. If you do not have access into your operating system, you must follow the steps given below:
- Download this file and unzip it to your computer
- You will end up with a downloaded file called Cleardata.zip: Extract it keeping all its files in a folder
- Now you must format an SD memory card and then pass the clearData files to the newly formatted SD memory
- Turn off your tablet and insert the SD card
- Turn on your tablet but do not touch any buttons. If the process was OK, you will see a menu appear with three options “Clear User data, Reboot, Shutdown “
- With the volume buttons navigate into “Clear User data” , use the POWER button to confirm the option
- When the process completes, navigate with the Power buttons into ” Reboot” and confirm it with the POWER button
¡Congratulations, you managed to reset Android on the Asus Memo Pad 7!