Access the administration page at the IP address 192.168.10.253, clicking on Login.
To open the modem configuration dashboard, you can write the address in your browser that IP address
192.168.10.253 – Main information
IP address designation: IP address in the private address range.
Devices: Best Data and TP Link devices use this address as a gateway.
Some of the devices that belong to the previous brands, have this IP address to access the modem settings. However, it is not the only IP address available for all your devices, therefore you could check with your Internet provider to check the access to the panel.
By accessing the panel site you can customize some configuration options for your network, some of the most popular options to change are the following:
- Modify the username and password to access your network, this includes access to the Internet and also access to the administration panel.
- Add rules for firewalls: The firewall (or firewall in Spanish) is software that your router has to regulate access to the internal network from the outside.
- Access controls for devices: Through the IP address of the devices that connect to your network, you could put access controls on a certain schedule, or completely deny access to a certain device.
- Advanced network configuration: In some routers you can change the IP address 192.168.10.253 that you use as a gateway.
- Connection monitoring: although this option is not subject to modification, you could monitor the health of your network by verifying if the Internet connection is satisfactory, and even validate the connection speed.
Common problems accessing 192.168.10.253
Access to this IP address is not very common for most devices, however if your device belongs to any of the brands shown in the general information section, you could access the configuration.
If a device belongs to one of the previous brands and you cannot access the administration panel, you could try one of the following solutions:
It is a common cause of login errors. It usually happens when your device has a connectivity failure to the modem when trying to access 192.168.10.253.
Some of the common causes of connection failures are as follows:
- If you are connected via WiFi: You must verify that you are connected to the same network as your modem, that is, to the same SSID provided by your Internet provider. You must also validate that you are within range of the signal.
- If you are connected via Ethernet: These devices are connected by cable, therefore you must verify that your device is correctly connected to the modem.
Website not found
When the website is not found when you query in your browser, you could try one of the following solutions
- Wrong IP address: If your modem is not from the Best Data or Pix Link brands, then the IP address to access your configuration is not 192.168.10.253. You should test if it is not one of the following addresses:
- Misspelled address: Maybe the IP address you entered it incorrectly. You should verify that you are trying to enter 192.168.10.253 (and not 192.168.lo.253 or 192.168.l0.253).
- It is also correct to include the protocol in your query.
When the modem’s DSL light is not on, it is another cause of internet service suspension. If you don’t have the DSL focus in sight, the way to diagnose the DSL connection is by connecting to your panel at 192.168.10.253.
When doing a DSL diagnosis, a DSL fault message usually appears when the service is not working properly. Among the most common factors for DSL failures are these:
- External factors:
- Malfunction or cut in some part of the telephone wiring in some part of your neighborhood, or close to your home, sometimes it happens when there are natural disasters, or falling of a pole, lightning, etc.
- Communication failures from the central station to the telephone line
- Interior factors:
- Damage to your installation of telephone, internet or satellite service.
- Damaged modem: Your modem has stopped working and may require replacement by your provider’s technical support.
- Problems with your billing: You have not paid for your service, you have a debt or you present a pending payment directly with your contracting of your service, you must solve it at your branch.
In internet failures with external factors, a report to your phone number should be enough (you do not require the presence of a technician in your home).
If you need to fix your installation or replace your modem, call the offices of your internet provider to request the change, they will raise a ticket with your report number to attend you at the time you need.
Customize your settings at 192.168.10.253
By accessing the IP address, you can change the default settings of your modem. Some of the features that you could customize by modifying the configuration of your modem could be the following (some of them vary according to the model):
- Network credentials: User and password.
- Filter unknown devices (intrusion blocking).
- Firewall: Firewall rules to prevent requests or responses from certain websites (for example, attacker or virus websites).
- Audit devices on your internal network: For example, add access controls, assign connection times or block devices outside your local network.
Change the IP address of your devices
You can change the IP addresses of your devices. The assignment can be done using one of these two mechanisms:
- DHCP: Dynamic assignment of IP addresses, your modem defines a range of IP addresses that can be taken by all devices connected to your local network, these devices require to have the DHCP option activated in network preferences.
- Manual assignment: Connected devices require assigning the IP address manually as long as it is in the range of 192.168.10.253. The range includes addresses between 192.168.10.1 and 192.168.10.252.